Quantcast

Video Phone App - Skype

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by guest, Oct 26, 2013.

1. guest

guest Active Member

In the Play Store, there is a free Skype Video Phone App. It's not compatible with my Revue. Will it be compatible with those GTV devices that are able to use the new Jellybean update? Also, would this app be a cheaper entry-point into the world of video telephony than purchasing the Logitech TV Cam HD for Skype Calls? I understand that the free app would require a user to purchase a few other things, including a microphone, etc. Or would those "few other things" bring the price up to what the Logitech device sells for?

Amazon.com: Logitech 960-000921 TV Cam HD for Skype Calls on HDTVs: Electronics

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skype.raider‎

2. galfert

galfert Active Member

At this point I think you are better off with the Logitech Skype Cam if you are looking for videoconferencing. The Revue will not get upgraded to Jelly Bean. Those devices that do get Jelly Bean I doubt will gain any videoconferencing capability for any less investment than if you'd just go out and get the Logitech Skype Cam. I'm not saying they will get the capability, because I think it is highly unlikely.

I own the Logitech Skype Cam and I think it is great.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013