Quantcast

video output question

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by Rick44, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Rick44

Rick44 Member

The devices are a nsx 24 gt1 television and a toshiba dvr620ku dvd/vcr recorder. What I am trying to do is to record off the tv signal because it is video being produced by the tv via it's internet connection. Well, actually via it's youtube app.

I had already connected the dvd recorder to my
    cable box. That works fine. Whatever is on my cable box comes through on d1 which is the connection in the back of the dvd recorder. I used the red, white and yellow audio/video cables. There is also an hdmi cable that I connected from thedvd recorder to the tv.

This will enable me to record anything from the cable box signal. I need the tv signal. There are prongs for the audio/ video cables on the back of the tv. Only for input , though, bot output. Well, the user guide says they are for input.

The front of the dvd recorder has 3 more prongs where you can also input the audio/video cables.
    This is how I tried it. Back of the tv to front of the dvd recorder. That input is d2. All I get is a blue screen, not what is on the tv like in d1. Unless I open the internet browser or the youtube app than the video I was playing I could see on the tv.
    I tried recording thinking it would record what I was seeing. It didn't. Just a blank screen.

Is this because the back of the tv's connection is an input instead of an output? The back of the dvd recorder and the back of the cable box give you a choice. There are 3 output and 3 input prongs. I've got the 3 in outfor for the cable box and for input in the dvd recorder.

The 3 on the front of the dvd recorder are for input only, just like the tv. Now, I'm not using the 3 for output on the back of the recorder, but assume that wouldn't work. I want the input to be the recorder, right? The tv should be the output going into the recorder.

Whatever, it isn't working. I'm hoping someone more tech savvy than me(just about anyone, I'd guess) can help.

There has got to be a way to record what's on the tv to dvd.

2. Rick44

Rick44 Member

I see 61 views and no replies? I would have thought this would be child's play with real knowledge of this. I would have thought for sure there was some solution. Oh well.