Quantcast

video not loading for a week

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Ritsney, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Ritsney

Ritsney New Member

Video not loading since a week ago. Fine on Apple devices. System update for chrome cast causing problems? Tech support useless. Any solutions? Appreciate help.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

On what web sites or apps doesn't the video load? And what GTV device are you using? Can you describe the situation in a bit more detail please.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  3. Ritsney

Ritsney New Member

ESPN3, PBS, NBC live extra, etc., SONY blue ray player, model NZS-GT1.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

PBS worked great, the other 2 you mention I couldn't get the video I attempted to watch to load. With PBS, I always make sure RAM is free by using the Memory Booster app and it is a site that will work well for me.

I quit using Google TV to watch ESPN3 over a year ago, when it worked, it took too long to load. I had used Google TV with ESPN3 for a few years but ESPN changed something with the site that made it not worth the effort for me.

As far as PBS, I just selected the first video I saw, To Catch a Comet, it loaded quickly and played flawlessly and was interesting enough that I watched 22 minutes then I realized it was going to take too long to know if the mission was a success so I went to Wikipedia to read about it. I didn't even recall the Rosetta spacecraft mission but it is worth knowing about.

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

PBS works good on my Logitech Revue. And if I sign-in it allows me to watch in HD (720P).

6. Ritsney

Ritsney New Member

Sony blue ray player device mine...

7. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

That is what I use and it works well for the PBS site, not ESPN3, I don't think any Google TV device will work well with ESPN3 now. I haven't done anything with the NBC Live Extra site other than attempt one video which failed but I suspect it would be a no-go if I did try to use it.

8. Ritsney

Ritsney New Member

PBS loaded yesterday ...

9. sointense

sointense New Member

Try installing something from the Google Play store and see if you get an error with that as well. Within the last week, my Sony GS7 has been unable to download of update anything. I wonder if it is related