Quantcast

Video Jittering Anyone?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by PeteOK, Sep 7, 2012.

1. PeteOK

PeteOK New Member

Is anyone else experiencing video jittering on their Co-star?

I have a Vizio Co-star, hooked up to my TiVo and a Vizio TV. I'm enjoying the interface and watching internet video on my TV. But randomly I start experiencing video jittering. The audio is completely unaffected, but the video skips forward and backwards by several frames repeatedly. If I switch around on inputs (like turning PIP on and off, or switching the TV inputs), eventually something will make it go away (but never the same thing consistently). But eventually the jittering will come back again.

Anyone else have this problem with their Co-star? More importantly, does anyone else have a solution?

Thanks!

2. ariel12g

ariel12g New Member

I don't know about your situation, but sometimes the screen flickers on mine randomly & displays the 'TV static' image (even though I'm not plugged in to cable).

3. chopper

chopper Active Member

I have a 5MB/s internet speed and this I would say is the min. requirement for GTV video streaming and even then sometimes I need to pause a show when I first press play and let it do a little buffering while I make coffee. What is your speed and is there something else running that is eating into your bandwidth?

4. PeteOK

PeteOK New Member

Thanks for the replies. If no one else is having this issue, I wonder if I might just have a bum box. It's definitely not a network thing. It happens on the TiVo menus too, whenever there's any movement, like the transitions between menus, so no network involved there.

5. chopper

chopper Active Member

In the past when this issue comes up time and time again we have said don't use the wifi switch over the ethernet cable. Many of the items on your box are pulled off the net so if you disconect the internet and still experience "Getting Jiggy with it" then it is a bad box.

6. Rrok007

Rrok007 New Member

I've had occasionaly screen flickers occur, but they're pretty much only when using Chrome on the web, and even then only every once in a while. While I'm thinking about it, I may try testing to see if it's related to heat...

7. ariel12g

ariel12g New Member

Same. The box does happen to get a little too hot for my liking. I'm afraid to leave it on, so I turn it off when not in use. It's a shame it doesn't have even one small fan.

8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I purchased a 4 port USB hub, a USB fan, no more heat related issues ... A strong and simple solution ....!

9. mdvalenz

mdvalenz New Member

Mine didn't do this before, but we had a weird issue with our Directv dvr and had to reset that and then the video was flickering. I'm going to power cycle the co-star to see if that fixes it...looks like that worked. I was going to try pulling and re-plugging in the hdmi cables but didn't need too. Everything is flicker free so far.

10. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

Chopper, please forgive my ignorance but am I missing some setting or physical switch on the Co - Star that has to do with " wifi switch over the ethernet cable"?

11. degsie

degsie Member

Should this read:
    In the past when this issue comes up time and time again we have said "don't use wifi and switch over to ethernet cable connection". Many of the items on your box are pulled off the net so if you disconect the internet and just play local media and you still experience "Getting Jiggy with it", then it is a bad box.

Just curious!

• Like Like x 2
  12. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

Now I have a better understanding. Thanks :D

13. PeteOK

PeteOK New Member

Update: Did several more tests with Vizio Customer Service. On the final test we hooked up the DVD player to the HDMI in port, and it also jumped back and forth by video frames, which ruled out power, internet, TV, and cables. Vizio was great and gave me an advanced replacement. Just arrived yesterday, the jittering is gone, and the picture quality is a lot better too. Definitely something wrong with the original box, but looking forward to the new box!

14. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 New Member

Your lucky, they had to resend me a replacement remote after the original replacement was never shipped even though a shipping lable had been issued. The original one was supposed to have been shipped on Sept 6 the next replacement was shipped on Sept 19 android . The status is projected to arrive on Sept 25. This was after spending 4 days listening to every excuse in the world from their support in California. When I finally spoke to someone in South Dakota the ball got rolling. So I have been without remote for amost 3 weeksq. I am really enjoying my Co-Star. :(