Quantcast

Video file playback problem

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by mbrook, Apr 6, 2012.

1. mbrook

mbrook New Member

Hey guys,

I have a 500gb hd connected to my Gtv and have been using Handbrake to rip my dvd's and stream them from the HD (I am on a mac). While 90% of the time it works flawlessly, I have a few movies that rip fine and I can watch on my computer but only the audio shows up on the Gtv when trying to stream it. I have tried re ripping, changing some of the settings, even different discs but to no avail. I don't get it because I can watch that movie flawlessly on my Android phone (evo 3d), as well as computer and every other device, it just doesn't work on the Gtv. The audio works great though.

They are mp4's using h.264 codec. If you know handbrake I am using the apple tv2 setting, have tried the apple tv setting.

What am I doing wrong?

2. Bear

Bear New Member

I don't have answer, but I can tell you I have a similar situation with WMV files. Audio but no video. I have heard mention that the video CODEC used to create the file must be implemented in the GTV hardware but I would think if you are creating the files, the CODEC would be the same for all.