Quantcast

VEVO issues

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by turnerw, Jun 7, 2011.

1. turnerw

turnerw New Member

I noticed all the Vevo videos from the app will no longer load. They just stay at 0 percent loading. the internet is working fine on everything else . I used to love turning this on while doing stuff around the house. Anyone else with this issue.

2. daisyly2000

daisyly2000 New Member

yeah! really bummed out right now =(

3. turnerw

turnerw New Member

I guess that means this is a widespread issue? is it still working for anyone?

4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I am having the same problem and just called Sony tech support and told them in case they did not know and the person I talked to said they would report it to management after I said it was being reported by others.

5. turnerw

turnerw New Member

I sent feedback to VEVO at ....feedback at vevo.com (wouldn't let me post an email address yet) to let them know as well, as I am not sure who's at fault here.

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I have the Logitech Revue and Vevo has been working good for me all along. I just went to Vevo from Google TV Spotlight and played 2 music videos. I'm not sure why mine works and so many people seem to be having a problem with it. Have you installed all the Google TV updates so you are on the most recent update? Also I'm on a wired ethernet internet with Comcast (bought my own "Zoom" brand cable modem). My download speed is aprox 1.5mbps. (I just have the Comcast 'economy' internet plan). Are you using Vevo from Google Spotlight or do you go to the regular web version of Vevo?

7. CatfishRivers

One thing that I seem to notice is that the people having a problem with Vevo are new to Google TV (recently purchased your Google TV) - Is this generally correct? I purchased my Revue back in mid-January so I'm not a new user.

8. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Vevo for me was previously working even though I am a new user of the sony google tv. I never had a problem with the Vevo app until recently but I only used it once or twice when I first got the google tv.

My firmware is up to date as the last update I received was the one to fix the NBA app from not starting or some such thing. I am using the app as trying to go to the VEVO | Music Evolution Revolution! website just loads the app as well for me.

I have the tv google tv not the logitech google tv so that may explain why its working for you and not me.

9. CatfishRivers

The problem with Vevo appears to be happening with both Sony and Logitech Google TV devices. This is the thread about it from the Logitech Revue forum. Vevo could not download video from my new Revue - Logitech Forums Trallyus I just tried that link for Vevo that you posted (it's the page I used before) and played a music video there on my Revue.

10. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

When I type in the web address for vevo on my google tv, it automatically loads the app so I can't really test out the actual web page on my set - Thanks for the link CatfishRivers as I just saw that I can access Vevo through my copy of Playon.tv :) I forgot all about it being there as I usally use it for hulu watching.

11. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I found a temporary fix for it by going to Chrome user agent mode and changing it from Default to Generic - This allowed me to load the vevo website without loading the vevo app.

12. CatfishRivers

I'm able to go to the regular web version of Vevo by clicking the "V" (in the bottom right corner on the Google TV version of Vevo).

13. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I see the V now you were talking about. I missed that previously . Yes that will work I think without changing the chrome user agent. sorry for missing that the first time.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  14. turnerw

turnerw New Member

I am not new at all. I got it from google in November/December I believe right after it came out for free in the developer program. Used Vevo plenty of times before, and have used my GoogleTV so much I just had to send in the keyboard for replacement (wore out the trackpad evidentially) So no I am not new. LOL

15. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Just tuned in to Vevo using the vevo app tonight and leanback mode is now working for me at this time. Also they changed the spinner from white to red. Just thought I would update this thread with the new news in case others that had vevo issues want to test their version of Vevo tonight and see if it works for them.

16. turnerw

turnerw New Member

What you are seeing is the web version. it appears they have removed the VEVO app it now just pulls the website up??? Weird?

17. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

The vevo app is still there for my Sony Google TV Television. To get the leanback experiance with vevo, check your Chrome user agent settings and make sure it's set back to default and that should load it in leanback mode.

18. turnerw

turnerw New Member

You are right on my friend! I changed back and now its available. It is back hoorah! Thanks for the heads up.