Quantcast

Vevo channel not working on Revue

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by track33, Dec 8, 2011.

1. track33

track33 New Member

I have tried to view the VEVO music channel the last couple of days and it justs displays the wait icon. Works on my laptop. Anyone know if Vevo is now blocking content to Revue?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yeah, Vevo optimized their site with newer Flash APIs, so you'll have to wait for to the Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) update to be released. You can report the problem to them to see if they have a fix or a workaround available.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

In the meantime YouTube has a large amount of Vevo music videos that work good with the Revue.

4. track33

track33 New Member

Thanks for your suggestions. I received the long anticipated update Saturday morning and it fixed the problem. So far, I am very pleased with the update. Everything I have used has worked and the menus are much better. Download the Avia media player app and it works much better than the Revue media player. Good to have choices!!!!!

5. PhatboyC

PhatboyC Member

Strange. For me Vevo still doesn't work with the 3.1 upgrade. I go to the site with chrome. Then the top bar says click here for Revue optimized site. I click it and nothing happens.

6. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Vevo- web works fine on Revue GTV 2.0 - see Tips for how to install -> http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...e-gtv2-0-ui-pq-netflix-apps-quick-review.html

Cheers!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  7. PhatboyC

PhatboyC Member

"Tip: To install Vevo -web, type "Vevo" in search App- select the link "crackle-Watch free Full..." (w/Chrome icon) - bookmark it."

Yep tried it again. Same thing. The regular website pops up fine. On top there is a red link that say to click there to get the Google TV optimized site. I click it and it says an errors occurred. Clear my cookies, history and cache and same thing. Not sure whats wrong with my revue.

8. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Tip: To install Vevo - web/Optimized, type "Vevo" in search App- select the link "Vevo-Watch free Full..." (w/Red Link) - bookmark it.

The Red link (Optimized) also worked fine - PQ looks better. (it seems to take longer time to load)

You may try Troubleshoot tips -> http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...e-gtv2-0-ui-pq-netflix-apps-quick-review.html

Good Luck!

9. PhatboyC

PhatboyC Member

Anyone in Canada can get Vevo for google tv to work?