Quantcast

Veoh Web Player

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by CatfishRivers, Dec 23, 2011.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I tried to download the Veoh web player just out of curiosity to see if it might work (even though it says it works with Windows computers). Here's the link where it's located:

http://www.veoh.com/download

So after I clicked to download it - it started downloading. I watched the progress bar as it downloaded from my notification window. However after it was finished I didn't get the popup from my notification window asking if I wanted to add it to my apps (like it usually does with compatible apps).

So I just clicked on the link where it was listed in my notification window - and then it (link) disappeared. However the Veoh player isn't in any of my apps - plus I can't find it in any of my files using File Expert or ES File Explorer.

I'm a little concerned because the other day I had about 160mb of space for apps - but now I only have about 120mb. Could the Veoh player of downloaded somewhere and be using up space? How can I find it if it is?

• Like Like x 2
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

That Veoh Player wouldn't ever be in your list of Android apps because it is a Windows application. You know for someone who claims they don't need a computer, you really try your darnedest to get the Google TV to act like a one. Anyways, the 18.9MB file can easily be found in the same place all downloads from Chrome are located. Here's a screen capture of File Expert.

3. CatfishRivers

Thanks. I had already found it with my ES File Explorer app in the folder labeled "Downloads". Sure enough after I deleted it I noticed my available memory bumped back up by approx. 20mb.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Just so you know, "/mnt/sdcard/Download" is the default directory path where you'll find all your Chrome downloads.

Also, I really wish you would stop interchanging memory and storage as if they were the same thing. You're giving the wrong impression to those who aren't computer literate. I realize you're parroting the wording from GTV Settings > Storage > Internal Memory [Total|Available]. However, the chosen wording from Google in this area leaves a lot to be desired for people who are actually computer literate.

Here is a better tool (Android Assistant) that gives an better understanding that there is an actual difference.

5. jerryshoot

jerryshoot New Member

How do you do a screen capture? Thanks for any help. Jerry

6. CatfishRivers

For those of you that missed it - I posted a workaround (on the Project Free TV thread) for streaming full length movies from Veoh. Here is what I posted:

"On the web site Veoh.com they have some full TV shows and movies. However for the longer videos they only show a preview video of about 5 minutes (when viewed with Chrome). They require a download of their special player to view the entire movie. However their player doesn't work with GTV.

I did some testing and found out that the full length videos from Veoh.com will play in their entirety if I view the site with the Maxthon browser.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the Veoh search tool to work with the Maxthon browser. The videos are categorized into different sections and I found some interesting stuff just by browsing through their lists.

With the Maxthon browser you will be viewing a special mobile version of Veoh. The videos worked on my Revue without the need to change the user agent from default. (The default user agent setting on the Maxthon TV browser is "android") "