Quantcast

UStream Problem

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by gkamieneski, Mar 5, 2013.

1. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

Over the weekend I was trying to watch a UStream feed of a college hockey championship. The video was fine, but there was no sound. The same feed worked fine audio and video on a MacBook Pro, iPad2 and Windows 7 laptop. Then I tested it on another Android device, a Google Nexus 7 tablet and again it played successfully.

This problem occurred on both weekend days. Any idea how the GoogleTV / Vizio Co-star could have had this difficulty with the UStream feed? Usually if it was an internet issue the video would be the first to go, not the audio.

2. SolutionsEtc

SolutionsEtc Member

I am going to guess that the costar didn't have the proper audio codec to decode the audio in your stream.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I suggest to try rebooting and see if this fixes the issue. (Unplug your Co-Star and give it another try).

4. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

I will be trying to watch this feed again tonight, 3/6 at 7pm, Bowdoin College Video Webcast - Channel 1 - Bowdoin

This is Bowdoin College hockey and a DIII NCAA tournament game. If you can help check this out and tell me if you are able to get sound through GTV.

5. CatfishRivers

I'll give it a try with my Logitech Revue and post my findings. By the way have you tested some other live streams on UStream to see if you experienced the same no-sound issue? I tried about 5 live streams with my Logitech Revue and they all had sound. (I haven't tried the college hockey yet).

6. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

Yes, other UStream feeds ran fined during that same time period, audio and video.

7. CatfishRivers

I tried the Bowden college hockey game live feed on my Logitech Revue (OS 3.1) and I got sound but no video. Just a black screen where the video should be. How is it working for you tonight on your Co-Star?

I tried adjusting a few settings from within the Adobe Flash Storage Settings panel - but to no avail.

8. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

I only got to see the start of the game but again, I only had video, no sound. Very bizarre. As I said all the other platforms ran this feed without difficulty. Thanks for trying it for me.

9. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

A solution, have a Logitech Revue and a Vizio Co-Star next to each other, run the Co-Star to the display and the Revue to the AVR, bingo, picture and sound. Sorry, I don't really have any help yet, I will try to find the site and see if I can get audio and video with one of my models.

10. CatfishRivers

LOL - Chris that's a good one -:)

11. ChrisG8

Only live sporting event I could find, Drag Story worked really well for about 5 minutes, both audio and video with a Logitech Revue at most recent firmware. I bookmarked the site and closed the site and will check later for something I might actually want to watch and see how the results are. I did have problems the first couple of times I logged into the site but I cleared RAM and cache and went back, it was responsive and I could navigate and select a program to watch.

12. CatfishRivers

Chris all other live streams (besides the Bowden college hockey) that I've tried with my Revue (OS 3.1) have worked properly on UStream. It's just that one particular stream that gives me and OP problems. I suspect the Bowden hockey streams use some different variant of Flash than the others on UStream - causing the incompatibility issues with GTV devices.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  13. ChrisG8

OK, really weird that one would get audio and one video, but neither can get both audio and video. I can't imagine I will want to watch a college hockey game this lifetime but will check for other sporting events I might like, since the site is legitimate.

14. ChrisG8

That was an absurd idea but I run a Roku 2 XS through Google TV to convert HDMI audio to optical audio so I can use that Roku with an older receiver that doesn't have HDMI audio processing, sometimes getting something to work takes special measures.