Quantcast

Using logitech revue on network

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by trickyrick, Nov 16, 2011.

1. trickyrick

trickyrick New Member

I have a computer on the network that I store all my movies on its shared and can be viewed on other computers on network. Is there a way to see this computer and watch those movies using logitech revue

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yup install a DLNA server application like Twonky or TVersity then you can watch it through the Logitech Media Player app which is a DNLA client.

• Like Like x 2
  3. trickyrick

trickyrick New Member

Using the revue I went to TVersity and when I tried to download the file it said "no installed app can display this file type" Sorry I just got this yesterday. I also went to another web site to try and watch video Project Free TV when I tried to watch video there is said " Content is not compatable with your computer configuration" not sure if the two are related

Any thughts

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Did you download TVersity onto your computer? And setup to share your files? After you do, you should be able to view them through Logitech Media Player.

5. trickyrick

trickyrick New Member

ok sorry i tried to download it with the revue I will try again with my computer I suppose that the program has to run in the background of the shared computer all the time

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yep, well at least only when you want to stream from it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. trickyrick

trickyrick New Member

ok thanks im watching video from my shared drive on the network. Does anyone have any idea why I get this error when I try to watch video from Project Free TV "Content is not compatable with your computer configuration"

• Like Like x 2
  8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

I didn't comment on your Project Free TV question because you were too vague about which video. There are literally thousands of video related links and comments in that thread. So, it would be difficult to respond to them all in one blanket statement specifying anything other than what the error message is stating, "Content is not compatable with your computer configuration".