Quantcast

Using GoogleTV as a "middleman"

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by mikieray, Mar 8, 2011.

1. mikieray

mikieray New Member

Hello,

I'd like to know if there is a way to use GoogleTV as a middleman between my laptop and my HDTV.

I cannot get to some sites such as CBS because of the network blocking of GoogleTV. I have PlayonTV, but there are some videos I still cannot retrieve.

I'd like to retrieve these videos as they will play on my laptop. I'd like to display my laptop internet videos wirelessly on my TV, but I don't want to spend any more money on extra devices. Is there a way to do this through GoogleTV?

My laptop is an Alienware 2007 running Windows 7. It is a fast, good unit.

I don't like the idea of all the cords running from the laptop to the TV.

Any suggestions or fixes?

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  2. galfert

galfert Active Member

No way to do this at this time as there is no way to install applications on Google TV yet. Very soon the app market will open for Google TV and then the sky is the limit as to what developers will make available for Google TV.

I should clarify that what I'm saying is that there is no way to wirelessly send video and audio that is on your laptop screen to the TV via Google TV. That is the question that you are asking as I understood your post. It is possible to play media stored on your laptop which is different from streaming what your laptop is playing.

And I should clarifty that once more as it is possible to remote control your laptop with LogMeIn...and actually see what your laptop has on the screen and almost fully control the laptop.....but it will not perform well for video and audio. It just serves as a crude remote desktop connection.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011