Quantcast

Using Google TV in a different room than the DVR

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by wheelercub, Dec 29, 2010.

1. wheelercub

wheelercub New Member

I have a Tivo HD box in my living room and I was wondering if I would be able to access it if I had Google TV located in another room such as my bedroom. Would this possible via my wifi connection or even through a long HDMI cable?

2. srramalot

srramalot New Member

I remember a few years ago that someone found a server in one of the Tivo boxes. The IP address for it was https://<tivo ip>/nowplaying/index.html and it would prompt you for a username and password. I'm not sure if this is still on the Tivo boxes now or not. When you connected to it, you were able to watch/download shows directly from it.

You can hack your Tivo to do a number of different things, but I dont think I should get into that here. As for accessing it from your Google TV in a other room, short answer would be yes, it is possible. The long answer would be, you might need to do some hacking and maybe have an app on the Google TV to access it if the server doesn't exsist on there now (as it did a few years ago with a few models).

3. wheelercub

wheelercub New Member