Quantcast

Usb fat16

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by guest, Dec 12, 2012.

1. guest

guest Active Member

I went looking for a USB 16GB today at Walmart today. They only had 4GB and 8GB. I'll try Office Depot in a few days. According to the Logitech link below, the USB needs to be "formatted" using FAT [NOTE: The USB mass storage device will need to be formatted using FAT, FAT16, FAT32 or NTFS.]. Are most USB's sold pre-formatted? If I want to buy a USB 16GB for a Logitech Revue, do I need to ask for a USB FAT16 GB?

Playing or viewing content on Revue from a USB mass storage device. - Logitech FAQ.

Link says:
    Playing or viewing content on Revue from a USB mass storage device.

How do I play or view content from a USB mass storage device with Logitech Media Player?

To use a USB storage device to play or view content:
    Connect the USB storage device to either of the two USB ports on the back of your Revue.

If your USB storage device is not listed in the Logitech Media player navigate to Settings >Media Sources, then select Refresh. The USB device should now appear in the list.
    NOTE: The USB mass storage device will need to be formatted using FAT, FAT16, FAT32 or NTFS.

2. madman999

madman999 Member

You can format the stick for Ntfs or ext2 and should work fine.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

It seems to me every USB flash drive I have purchased has come formatted FAT16 or FAT32 but if I was going to use it with a Logitech Revue, I would reformat it NTFS. I hope somebody with experience using flash drives for video playback, erasing, rewriting, resuing longterm can comment on how well it works for that purpose. I use these flash drives for transfering files to other devices, temporary storage, saving data for various reasons but for video, I only use hard drives, I couldn't imagine the flash drives were well suited for that purpose. I did briefly use a couple of flash drives with Mitty just to check how well it worked but once I decided I would use the software, I connected a USB 2.0 hard drive.

• Like Like x 2