Quantcast

USB Application?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by guest, Nov 27, 2012.

1. guest

guest Active Member

I just had the idea of a USB application. Is something like that possible? Earlier today, I downloaded the Mitty application. I have never used/purchased a USB Drive/Device. So when the Mitty application asked me to connect my USB device prior to entering the application, I was annoyed. The thought just occurred to me that it would be nice to have an application that did the same thing as a USB drive. I imagine the benefits of a physical USB drive is that it can be unplugged and carried with you wherever. But what if you don't need a mobile USB Drive? Does a "virtual" USB Drive exist?

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Where would the "real" data be stored on the "virtual" USB drive? Floating around the room in the air, sub-atomic particles, maybe electrons? What if someone opened the door and a few blew outside? Chasing them down the road sounds dangerous to me, you would probably need night vision googles to see them and a super magnet to capture them. Wouldn't the magnet erase the data?

There isn't sufficient internal storage for downloading which is why Google TV has USB ports designed for external storage.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Perhaps an application that would make it simple and easy to upload with GTV to Google Drive cloud storage would be nice. For instance uploading a picture/video from a web site to Google Drive with a simple click.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 2