Quantcast

upgrade email from Logitech

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by SuperCaliber64, Dec 8, 2011.

1. SuperCaliber64

SuperCaliber64 New Member

Just received an email about the "free automatic upgrade" from Logitech "just in time for the holiday's".

I can't post images or links yet. Maybe someone else can.

2. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

Did you get the update

3. acles003

acles003 New Member

Got the email, waiting for the update. Does it just pop up telling you to download?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

4. SuperCaliber64

At work will check when I get home.

5. killagoblin

killagoblin New Member

The Google TV 3.1 update is now being rolled out to our customers. The roll-out will happen in the next 4 days, and all customers should receive the update by Monday, December 12th. Please note that it is not possible to force the update by resetting your unit. The first day will be a small percentage and will get increase throughout the four day roll-out period. Your patience is much appreciate. Please be assured that the update will be delivered over the next 4 days.

Please use this thread as the official feedback thread for the 3.1 update. We will forward all of our community member's feedback posts to our Revue product team on a daily basis.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SuperCaliber64

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Hefe

Hefe New Member

In case it wasn't clear, the above was posted by Logitech in their forums. It's a good practice to give attribution for quotes...

8. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

9. billmilo

billmilo New Member

Only Logitech makes a big deal out of a necessary update. Apple updates their stuff monthly.

10. Ranchwest

Ranchwest New Member

I got my email on 12/8 at 12:33 and got the update on 12/9 at about 8:15 am.

The update seemed to go smoothly and only took a few minutes, but I had to leave for work so I don't have a lot to report. 5 minutes of trying it out went well, but that isn't much to share.

11. kgdg

kgdg New Member

Guess the timing of the email has no bearing on when you will get the update, as I got my email on 12/8 at 12.14 and still no update on either of my 2 revue's...
    Waiting (im)patiently....

12. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Bulk email cast don't normally do. It is usually an asynchronous process from everything else.

13. srheug

srheug New Member

Update? I'm a big Google and Logitech fan. I own Android phones, tablets and a Revue, Several Harmony remotes, keyboards, mice, speakers etc.. I'm tired of hearing all the complaints about the Revue. Logitech and Google. I really didn't get it. Why all the complaining? The Revue has been a really cool device. I'm really sorry that Logitech is going to drop the whole GoogleTV. That being said... I now get it. I was an early adopter of GoogleTV. I purchased mine through Dishnetwork before they were available to the general public. I've been on this forum for about a year. I have not been a good contributor, but I have gained an enormous amount of knowledge from some really great people on this forum.So I'm finally pissed-off and tired of all the promises we've received as "Loyal" users of the Revue and GoogleTV. Everything ever promised related to improvements and upgrades has been late. I don't think Google or Logitech have handled this update in a very good manner. I'm tired of the rumors and bull$%It, just give us the real story of what's going on. Give us a good working update in a timely manor. Get back to the companies you have always been., competative and dependable with good products and service.Oh and I still haven't received the update yet.

UPDATE! Monday morning 6:05 AM PST

I finally received the update just before I left for work. Haven't really had any time to do anything but a quick once over. Looks pretty cool. I know what I will be doing this evening when I get home......

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011