Quantcast

updating chrome??

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Allanf, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Allanf

Allanf New Member

when using google drive a pop up appears stating chrome is out of date and needs to be updated

i go to the chrome download page but im unsure which version i should get,both ive downloaded so far "cannot open file" and why doesnt it show up in the play store for me to update it (it doesnt even appear in my list of apps)..when i get to it it says this version isnt compatible with my device (revue)

:(

2. VizioBitPlayer

VizioBitPlayer New Member

I also encountered this, yesterday, I have pretty much the same question. On the Vizio Co-Star, in Chrome, I click on Google Drive, same thing happens. In my case the offered Chrome update panel ~wants to know which version of Linux~ I'm running? That doesn't seem right. Could there be a firmware update in the pipeline?

Also I will be looking for the best board to ask this on -- when I try to download dropbox.apk from where I have sent it to my Gmail, I get a white screen with a little panel in the bottom "Starting Download", that disappears leaving just the white screen which never closes until I manually close it. Later when I look in the Downloads folder, I find the incomplete file only about 58 kB, it's supposed to be >4 MB.

Thanks!

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

You can't update Chrome, any Google TV browser update or operating system update requires a firmware update from the the manufacturer/Google.

• Like Like x 2
  4. dtaylor

dtaylor Member

This is ridiculous. Google doesn't even keep their own browser up to date so it works with their own web products.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 2
  5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

It seems like Google is more interested in things like voice control for GTV than they are with updating the web browser. I posted about it in this thread about the new v3.0 update to the LG GTV televisions:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...ota-release-20121112-v03-04-04-01-update.html

The browser version for those receiving the new GTV v3.0 update is still the same as those on all other GTV devices. Even the first generation Logitech Revue has the same browser as LG GTV televisions with the new update. This is why I'm in no rush to dump my Revue for a second generation GTV device.

All GTV devices currently have the following browser:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.77 Safari/534.24

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  6. guest

guest Active Member

For Dropbox, sideload it here. Download Dropbox 2.2.apk Android app
    As far as the best board, since I'm using a Revue, I'm going to try the Logitech Forum http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Revue-and-Accessories/bd-p/revue , as a number of my questions have gone unanswered here at googletvforum.

• Like Like x 2
  7. VizioBitPlayer

VizioBitPlayer New Member

Tx guest, however when I attach that to a Gmail, send it to myself, try to download it from the message -- the same thing happens. Apparently I'm having some sort of problem downloading attachments from Gmail.