Quantcast

Updated Google TV Hardware Shown

Discussion in 'More News from Your Google TV News Team' started by Rickaren, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Updated Google TV Hardware Shown at CEDIA Along With Honeycomb [Video]
    by Chris Chavez on September 8th, 2011 at 10:18 pm

[​IMG]
    Fresh off the CEDIA show floor the boys at Engadget came across some new Google TV hardware. The set-top was updated with the couldn’t-come-soon-enough new version of Honeycomb for Google TV showing off some of their highlighted app as picked by Google. Honestly, I can’t wait to update my Logitech Revue and get some Android Market lovin’ on this aging device. Oh – here’s a video too for good measure.
    [Via Engadget]

VIDEO

SOURCE

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The article stated: "Fresh off the CEDIA show floor the boys at Engadget came across some new Google TV hardware".

I just watched the video - was that some NEW hardware in the video? I saw a set-top box (but I'm not familiar with the Sony products).

3. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

YES Catfish you were right-on...
    PICTURES HERE

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  4. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

I hate to burst anyone one bubbles but the on screen pic don't go with the device pics. The pictures showing Honeycomb all have PIP on and clearly show Dish network in the PIP window now the box has no inputs on it leaving no way to get the signal into the box.

The video does show an new color on the BluRay GTV however it just could be lighting

Sony does have a standalone media box SMP N100 and this box is set to replace it but in this Cnet review mentions nothing about Android being the operating system.
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20102744-1/sony-rolls-out-smp-n200-streaming-box/

Here is a review of the SMP N100
    http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-media-receivers/sony-smp-n100/4505-6739_7-34420052.html

I'll call this debunked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Rocking Honeycomb on the GTV

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  5. RoyalKnight6190

RoyalKnight6190 New Member

I so want Honeycomb on my GoogleTV, its going to make the user experience so much better.

6. Winkle

Winkle New Member

I dont like the layout but Id really like to have custom colors and wallpaper ect..
    does the logitech and sony look the same?

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The updated set-top box in the video is the Sony Internet TV Blu-Ray Disc Player (NSZ-GT1). The only thing that appears to have been updated is the operating system, and from the reports of IFA doesn't appear any significant hardware has changed. Something like that would have garnished attention and headlines like the Sony SMP-N200 Network media and internet streamer shown in the pictures. However, as Towboy pointed out that product is outside of Sony's Google TV offerings.