Quantcast

Updated Apps No Longer Compatible

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by ChrisG8, Mar 28, 2014.

1. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I have found 3 apps, there may be more, where after recent updates are no longer compatible with my Google TV models according to the Play Store. This means the app can't be updated on boxes it is already running on, no big deal for me, and can't be installed on boxes it isn't running on, that is an issue for me.

The three apps are:

Post TV
    9x9.tv
    OfficeSuite Pro (ver. 7 shows incompatible and 6.5 was previously installed)

I have boxes running OS 3.2x only, nothing with 4.2.2 and don't know if the updated apps are compatible with 4.2x. Is there anyway for me to install the older version from a box I have running it, extract the apk and install it from USB drive? OfficeSuite Pro 7 appears to be compatible since it is shown as compatible at Amazon Appstore so that one has been solved, I have installed it from Amazon, the other two aren't available at Amazon or at least weren't the last time I checked. I haven't used OfficeSuite Pro 7 enough to be certain it is compatible but I can say it installs and opens without crashing on a Sony NSZ-GT1. I will check again today on the other two now that I have thought about it.

I may be the world's lone Google TV power user with boxes scattered about the house who actually uses Google TV for a big majority of internet streaming and other internet access so this issue has probably gone unreported. I did report the OfficeSuite Pro 7 issue, simply reported the fact it is show as compatible at Amazon and incompatible at the Play Store, which is it? I did get responses but nothing that actually addressed the issue, I thought MobiSystems could just have the store that was incorrect fix the issue after I reported it but that didn't happen.

2. gtvfriends

gtvfriends New Member

I will have to hook up my Sony to check Post TV and OfficeSuite, but i know from talking with the developers of 9x9, they pulled their Google TV app, 9x9 is now a Chromecast app.

3. ericd

ericd Active Member

When you talk to the developers, do you get any indication why some of them seem to go out of their way to deny GTV devices access to their apps? I can understand (with GTV's lower user base) not providing furthur support , but to go through the trouble of pulling the app or actively blocking (like Hulu+ and TWC do) has always baffled me.