Quantcast

update?

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by brc911, Feb 8, 2013.

1. brc911

brc911 New Member

anyone know when the Sony NSZ-GS7 is going to get the newest update :confused: looking forward to Amazon....

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I have not seen any estimates but I am not concerned, within weeks is my guess.

3. dailylife

dailylife New Member

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  4. ChrisG8

The update to Google TV v. 3.0 is the question and I haven't seen Sony comment on the update, the other boxes are starting to see the update so I am sure it will come to the Sony box as well.

5. googlethis

googlethis New Member

You do realize that article is from last August right? No idea what that has to do with the 3.0 update that should be coming some time.

Sony has been good with updates and there was some video posted I saw about Sony having a new remote with a mic built in so the update should be coming in the not too distant future.

6. dailylife

dailylife New Member

I hope so I hope so

7. donc13

donc13 Member

What am I missing? My Sony is at Android 3.2. (Sony REL6) which is the update Google released in Oct.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

8. kizer8

kizer8 New Member

My understanding is 3.2 is Google TV 2 and Google TV 3 is 4.x

9. donc13

donc13 Member

Well, let's hope not yet then, my tablet is on android 4 and there is no built in flash support. I've added flash to the tablet, but there are still some issues.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

10. kizer8

kizer8 New Member

Anyone know if there is a Sony specific forum that this question can be asked maybe monitored by Sony techies or reps?

11. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I feel very confident that the Sony NSZ-GS7 will get the latest update.

You could try the following Sony Community:

Internet TV - Sony Community

12. ChrisG8

I am surprised we haven't seen an announcement yet but I am certain the update is coming soon, surely before April 1.

13. brc911

brc911 New Member

https://blog.sony.com/2013/02/sony-google-tv-box-software/

Heads up: Sony Google TV™ Player gets a software upgrade

by Ray Hartjen 02/22/2013 Are you a second screen, multiple screen type of TV viewer?
    Time to fess up. I am, and since you know I have no shame, I might as well be the first to step up and admit it.
    I need my smart TV!
    Used to be I was smarter than my TV, or at least that's my story and I'm going to stick to it. Even when TV became smart, I was smarter.
    Until now.
    The Sony Internet Player with Google TV™ (NSZ-GS7) makes most any TV the smartest of smart TVs. With me, I get all my regular TV programming from my cable provider - yea, whoopee! - but, I also get full access to the Internet with a full-on Google Chrome™ browser and the Google Play™ store chock full of apps.
    [​IMG]
    The coolest part? Today marks the launch of a software update for Google TV™. With the "PrimeTime" app and its new user interface, it's now easier than ever to find the content you're looking for. Also, the Google Play store has added Amazon Video on Demand, and the new YouTube® app allows you to easily play videos on your TV.
    The second coolest part? One remote. New today is voice-activated commands with the optional Google TV remote, the Sony NSG-MR7U. Working seamlessly with the latest software update, your search is as simple as barking a few commands into your remote. Of course, Sony's Google TV remote has always had a backlit QWERTY keyboard on one side, and a big touchpad on the other, featuring the ability to "pinch and pull" to resize web pages, just like we do with our smart phones.
    [​IMG]
    The third coolest part? Dudes, we're talking one screen, one device, freeing me up for snuggle time with Lola, the family dog. With a dual view, I can have programming up in one screen - in my case, a nice comfortable 55" - and the fruits of my web search on the other, be it a Twitter feed, a web site related to the show I'm watching, or real-time results of my Fantasy hockey team.
    Okay, a quick recap: Two views on one screen, full access to the Internet, all on one device with one remote, one keyboard and even the ability to do voice search. Did I miss anything, other than an app to make Adam Sandler movies funny again? [Note to self: Call engineering and see if they can whip something up.]
    If you find yourself watching TV with a mobile phone, tablet, and/or notebook computer on your lap or in your hands, check out the Sony Internet Player with Google TV. Trust ol' Papa Ray here - it just might make your at-home entertainment experience easier, more convenient, and more fun, and isn't that want home entertainment is supposed to be?

• Like Like x 2
  14. twospirits

twospirits Member

Damn I was just typing that link. but got sidetrack by the Approve by Mod message. lol

15. googlethis

googlethis New Member

So the Prime Time app is changing again? Also, no mention of the VUDU app.

Anyone get this new update yet?

16. phlunkie

phlunkie New Member

I haven't yet. I am hoping that if this update allows amazon video to work maybe the HBO go app well work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

17. Jamon47

Jamon47 New Member

brc911: "... New today is voice-activated commands with the optional Google TV remote, the Sony NSG-MR7U..."
    My remote is the NSG-MR5U. What's the difference? Will it work as well with this new update?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  18. CatfishRivers

The Sony NSG-MR7U will come with a microphone as explained in the following article:

Sony introduces voice-controlled Google TV remote | The Verge

To the best of my knowledge the Sony NSG-MR7U remote is not offered for sale yet.

19. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

So has anyone actually got the update? Will it only be for GS7 or will it also be for the GT1?

20. CatfishRivers

The new update with the VUDU and Amazon apps is only for the GS7.