Quantcast

Updatd Sony Google TV...now i cant connect my remote!

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by rhino, Nov 12, 2011.

1. rhino

rhino New Member

My factory remote took a dive into the washer machine and was fried. The android remote app saved the day, and kept me from having to shell out $100 for a new remote. It was working great until I clicked on the system update prompt. Now that the tv has rebooted, the app remote on my phone won't connect. The first screen that pops up is a notification to update the time since the "network is not connected." The screen is waiting for me to click "ok" before I can move on...but I can't click anything because my remote can't connect. Please help! You will be my hero! I went from having an awesome tv to a worhtless unusable one in the blink of an eye thanks to that home-wrecking update!! :)

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

If you know someone with a Harmony Remote or a universal remote with Sony codes the D-pad and Ok/Select keys should still work appropriately.

3. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

Yeah the software remote is acting up since the update try buddytv it connects no problem.. I sold my Nexus S so I'm not sure if they have an android app but I know they have an iOS app and it works..