Quantcast

unsuccessful updates

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by jTV, Feb 29, 2012.

1. jTV

jTV New Member

The "TV and Movies", Photos for Google TV and Youtube apps are giving me the unsuccessful update error. All other apps update/install just fine. I have tried clearing the market app data to no avail. Has anyone had this issue; a workaround ?

thanks!

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Sometimes you can log in to the android market if your account is linked and click install there and if your google tv is linked to it , it will send the app to the device.

3. EmeraldSkylark

EmeraldSkylark New Member

Hi, I also have this ploblem too.I also using HTC Desire.If u solve this ploblem please shave with me ya......thanks..
    WebRep

versionfull.com/mp4_Player_87.html

4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

I've noticed a recent change to the 'My Apps' list in Google Play. The preinstalled Apps are no longer listed. Not sure if those Apps needing updates are still listed at the top in the update section. If so, the ones that show a Uninstall link, click on that. If not go into Home Settings>Applications>Manage Applications> and click on "Uninstall Updates" where available for the Apps that aren't updating. You can also try Force Stopping and clearing Data/Cache on the ones that don't have an Uninstall button.

The next time you restart your unit the Apps should update, altho I have had times when some of them would update w/out a restart.

Carl

5. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

One other thing. As soon as I notice an App is stalled when downloading (Installing...), and the blue messages don't appear, I exit market. This seems to allow the page to refresh. Anytime an App hangs I assume the attempt failed. I simply Exit and go back. I always find when I go back to the App it says 'Install." It almost always installs immediately after I click on it again.

And I never go through all the wasted efforts of restarts, clearing cache, or synching my Google acct. And for the life of me, I don't know why when I call support they always want me to do a Factory Reset. It's the Market not the Unit!!!

Just so ya know...

Carl

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  6. jTV

jTV New Member

how do you link the gtv with your google account?

7. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Sign in to the android market with your gmail account you use with your google tv and password is what I did. Then when signed in , click My android apps to see your apps , etc.

• Like Like x 2