Quantcast

Unable to play certain AVI files

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by hary.kris, May 26, 2013.

1. hary.kris

hary.kris New Member

I am not able to play some older AVI files using any of the media players that I have - Inbuilt Media Player, Vimu, Avia, Plex. Looking for a solution. Pls help.

2. Jamon47

Jamon47 New Member

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

AVI files can include a variety of audio and video codecs, this means which AVI files can be played are dependent on what codecs are supported by the player used. Here is a list of the various codecs supported by various Google TV models. To date, the Sony NSZ-GT1 supports the largest variety of files as a result of the fact it is also a Blu-ray/DVD player and needs to support all Blu-ray and DVD file types required to carry those logos.

Video and audio formats - ViMu Player - Your Google TV Media player

Someone with a better understanding of the technical aspects of file playback can explain whether or not Google TV can ever be modified to support codecs that aren't natively supported by the player but for now, I understand that native support is required for direct playback of files. If your player doesn't have it, you can't play it as of now, although you can use Google TV as a client and a PC as a server and transcode for unsupported codec playback.

4. retroben

retroben Active Member

I posted my own topic about AVI files but never got a reply from anyone.
    My problem is that my Techsmith codec to AVC files have the correct codec but still play incorrectly with missingno-esque color glitch.
    I have tried next to everything but still get this color problem.
    What I'm trying to do is get lossless quality videos converted to lossless quality videos that are supported by NSZ-GS7.
    I'm a stickler when it comes to compared qualities (lossless converted to lossy sucks :mad:).

Will someone please tell me how to get lossless quality that works on NSZ-GS7?