Quantcast

Unable to play a live video stream...

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by rkwatch, May 2, 2014.

1. rkwatch

rkwatch Member

I'm unable to play the video stream on GTV...I can play it on my windows lappy.. any idea why? is this a flash version issue?

[ itTV - International Table Tennis Federation ]

Thanks!

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

3. rkwatch

rkwatch Member

Initially got no video... then when I re-tried, I see that same message you mentioned!! .. which is bizarre!! .. I can watch the stream with no such message on my computers!! ...Can you see the stream or video on your computer?
    Chrome on GTV sends some other info?!?!

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I just tried a live stream with my Logitech Revue. It's working for me in the USA.

I have my GTV user agent set to "generic". Try it with your GTV user agent set to "generic".

It could also be that certain events are blocked in USA while other events are not blocked.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  5. rkwatch

rkwatch Member

Thanks! I set Asus Cube's GTV's Chrome user agent set to "generic"... but I still get the same message (I'm in USA as well)!!!
    Do I need to do something else after settting that option? restart? etc

6. CatfishRivers

Yeah after you set the GTV user agent try rebooting. If that doesn't work than try clearing your cookies. I think the site probably is remembering your cookies from when you tried it with the user agent on "default".

I just tried it again with my Logitech Revue - and both of the live streams are working now.......

7. rkwatch

rkwatch Member

Cleared cookies and restarted (basically plugged out... is there a graceful way to restart?) and getting the same message?!!
    Is there other setting on Asus Cube? Assuming it has the same version as Revue!

8. CatfishRivers

I'm on the 3.1 update because my Revue had a defect and could never update to the 3.2 version of Honeycomb. Thus my Revue likely has a slightly different version of Chrome (user agent) than you do. Although we are both on Chrome 11. Also my ISP is Comcast (in Florida) and I'm connected directly to modem (no router) by ethernet. I'm not sure if any of that is making a difference or not.

Here is the user agent for my Logitech Revue - you can enter it on your Asus Cube as a custom user agent - and see if it makes any difference:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.77 Safari/534.24

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  9. rkwatch

rkwatch Member

No luck! .. Arrgh! .. thanks dude for trying to help... I'm just frustrated with this not working :(

You mentioned about updating to 3.2 version of Honeycomb... is there something else you did to Revue? like rooting etc?

10. CatfishRivers

No there is nothing else that I did. My Revue is not rooted. Try setting a static IP and see if that makes a difference.

11. rkwatch

rkwatch Member

oki... it is working now.. not exactly sure what the fix is.. but here is what I did..
    since you could watch it even being on a older version, I thought let's start fresh...
    I did a full reset, did a full guided setup.
    Then just tried to watch the stream, and it works now!! (no changes to user agent)