Quantcast

Unable to Find Requested Movie/Series

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by ginsengbomb, May 20, 2013.

1. ginsengbomb

ginsengbomb New Member

For the past few days, any time I try to access an individual show/movie in Primetime (via the general Search interface or going directly into Primetime and selecting an individual show/movie), the individual show/movie screen begins to pop up and then dumps me out with an error message saying "Unable to Find Requested Movie" (or "Series").

I've tried hard rebooting the device several times to no avail.

I have a Sony NSZ-GS7 running the latest update. Everything was working fine up until a few days ago, and I'm pretty certain I didn't make any changes prior to the issue popping up (I haven't even installed anything new in a couple of weeks, I don't think).

Any suggestions?

2. ginsengbomb

ginsengbomb New Member

Looks like there are a few people reporting this issue on Google Play ever since the last PrimeTime update on May 15th. I'll go out on a limb and guess this is either limited to the NSZ-GS7 or (less likely) Sony boxes in general.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try going to your settings and then force stop and clear data from the Primetime app.

4. ginsengbomb

ginsengbomb New Member

I wanted that to work, because that's a good suggestion, but unfortunately this didn't fix the problem. Appreciate the suggestion though!

5. lizzy.j123

lizzy.j123 New Member

i fized the problem by uninstalling the updates, which you should be able to do by going into settings, click applications, manage applications, click prime time and the button should be at the top next to force stop and should say uninstall updates. hope this helps