Quantcast

UK Firmware for Sony NSZ GS7

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by steven.eyres, Aug 29, 2012.

1. steven.eyres

steven.eyres New Member

I purchased a Sony NSZ GS7 which generally I am happy with. I purchased the device from ebay but the firmware is the US firmware (REL03_NSZGS7_U2_1104_4384_20120724_URSC_S67254), this means as I live in the UK my post code isn't recognised. Can I flash the device with the UK firmware. If this is possible how do I do this and where do I download the firmware from. Many thanks for any help given.

2. chopper

chopper Active Member

If you do this you will lose the TV and Movie App as it is not available outside the USA yet. Ilive in Canada and just enter a fake USA zip to get a demo going ie 90210

3. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

What is the used for tv and movie outside the usa anyway? You will not find your tv provider in the list, the app will search for movie on netflix.com so that mean you will need a vpn router or connecty-fi like app and a prepaid credit card with a US adress to register to netflix.com or amazon.com...Installing the right os will give you access to what is available in your country, netflix.ca, tvo.ca, onf.ca...

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

4. caines

caines New Member

you dont need a us credit card or dns to use the app to search netflix, youtube or amazon. i have a us box and it search netflix fine, and youtube and amazon and i live in canada.

5. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

I would like to see how it works. I have a sony nszgs7 with the canadian os, I side loaded tv and movie so I can search on netflix and amazon but it search on netflix.com so when I select a movie my netflix.ca app start and it load and load and at the end never happend. Do You watch your movies on netflix.ca or. com? How do you make tv and movies to search on netflix.ca or how do you open an account on netflix.com with a canadian credit card?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2