Quantcast

U-VERSE Back Button

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by roy, Nov 9, 2010.

1. roy

roy New Member

Hello all. I just got AT&T U-Verse Tv installed with my Sony Google Tv and every thing works fine except when I go to the DVR or Recorded TV and look at a recored shows, i can not go back to the pervious menu. When i press the back button on the Sony remote it takes me to the GTV home page.

As anyone got the back button to work or is there another button that will work as the back button? Thanks

2. qw545

qw545 Member

It depends on where you wish to go back. By pressing the DVR button you will go back to the list of recorded shows. If you press the list button (which is on the bottom of the ring below the back button) you can choose to go to the tv guide page by selecting the guide button or choose the menu button to go to the main menu.

3. roy

roy New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    What my problem is when i press the DVR button that takes me to Recorded TV, then if i click on one of the multi able recorded series that has 2 or more recordings in it, and then click on one of the recordings to see what its about. I can not click back to the previous menu with the multi able recordings. If i press the DVR button again it starts me at the beginning of the Recorded TV Menus and i would have to go through 2 or 3 steps to get back where i was. I should be able to press a Back or Pervious button to move back one menu like on the U-Verse remote.

It does this in the TV Guide to. If i look at TV guide and then click on one of the shows to see what it is about. There is no way to go back with the Sony Remote, I have to use the U-Verse Remote.
    Thanks for any help.

4. burg1n

burg1n New Member

I don't have the same things you do but for me I press the "esc" key to go back on directtv. It is on the top left of the keypad.

5. roy

roy New Member

I have tried the "Esc" key, "Tab" key, "Backspace" Key and the "Back" key. I also tried it in different key combos, but no luck. I was hoping there was a way to map the keys to make this work. Maybe the next update will fix this issue.

6. burg1n

burg1n New Member

ya same here :/ I use to use "last channel" and the favorite channels button a lot, plus I just got directtv 2 days ago so I have no idea what the channel numbers are without spending 5 minutes looking through the guide lol

7. hamsteak

hamsteak New Member

Hitting Tab works as the previous channel for me. You also can map keys to do what you want. Like "Fn + B" to be back. It's under settings / input devices / Customize controller Keys

• Like Like x 2
  8. burg1n

burg1n New Member

wow thanks a lot, was trying to find a "last" key foreverrr

I don't have the "settings / input devices / Customize controller Keys" you were talking about
    you must have the revue?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  9. hamsteak

hamsteak New Member

I do have the revue. That was going down each menu. (starting at main Settings menu)

10. roy

roy New Member

Ya, I looked all through the Settings Menu for a way to map key combos and could not find any. I am getting really disappointed with this Sony Google Tv. Its got a lot of features, but it has a lot of limitations that are flat out annoying. Like i said before, I'm hoping they will have a update to fix these small issues like the back button.

11. gfactor

gfactor New Member

I know I'm a little late on this but I have the Logitech Revue and Uverse and I know about the back button feature you're referring to. The only way I've been able to navigate back to the main DVR menu without starting over is to press FN + 0 on the keyboard for the "Info" option. Hope this helps.

12. Jay

Jay New Member

I have the same concern here. I'm using a Sony Google TV and have it connected to my AT&T U-Verse console.

13. ezravan

ezravan New Member

I didn't know GTV supported UVERSE. Is it fully functional or does it only support certain functions? Thinking about buying a REVUE but have U-verse.

14. BMac

BMac New Member

I picked up a new Revue a couple of weeks ago and it works fine with my U-verse DVR / Set Top Box. I too couldn't find a key to perform the specific back function described in this thread, but I haven't tried manual programming of a key yet. Other than this, all the functions work fine (guide, direct channel input, DVR functions, etc.) Put it in line between your U-verse box and the TV and Enjoy! :)

15. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yep, I was just about to recommend teaching the key to the Revue. However, this post is in the generic Google TV forum instead of the Sony or Logitech forums. Teaching the IR command for the Logitech users shouldn't be a problem, but Sony users will need to act as the squeaky wheel with technical support or it will never show up as a fix with an update.