Quantcast

Two Revue's Using Same Gmail Address?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by guest, Jan 11, 2014.

1. guest

guest Active Member

I have two Logitech Revue's, one unused. If I do a factory reset on the unused Revue, then sign in with the same gmail address that I'm using on the primary device, will the unused device re-populate with the same information, bookmarks and apps, that are on the primary device?

2. jphccfc

jphccfc New Member

My understanding is it will not it will be recognized as a new device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

3. guest

guest Active Member

never mind.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

No, that isn't what he said. It will be a new device and you will have to add bookmarks and install the apps you want. I don't know anyway to have it duplicate all bookmarks and installed apps as the other Revue.

5. guest

guest Active Member

I was thinking that all the bookmarks and apps are stored on a central server. Then, when you register a device with a particular e-mail address, all the information is pulled to that device. I guess that's not the case.

I deleted the earlier reply after I posted it because I realized I hadn't understood the earlier one correctly. Thanks for responding.

6. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

If I understand you correctly, you are asking if you use a new Revue will you get automatic syncing of app & bookmarks? As long as your bookmarks & apps are properly synced this should work. Even on my PC when I download Chrome all my bookmarks are automatically synced. And it even has all my apps listed in the Apps bookmark on my Fav bar.

As long as you sign in using your Google Acct everything should work just as if you were on a new device. Note: Bookmarks & Apps are synced via Chrome not the unit itself. Therefore all devices using Chrome will automatically import/export all synced accts. Unless there is a problem specifically w/the device as was the case w/the Vizio Co-Star.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Travel

Travel Active Member

But that is the case. The "biggie" in this is using the same "account number," which is your original sign-in/registering gmail address. If you use that same gmail address as your account number to sign-in/register a device, everything is linked to it (your existing account): your selected Youtube app channels, Google+ account, apps you've installed with your payments for the pay apps intact, bookmarks that are linked to Chrome, all of it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  8. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Yes, and also once you pay for an app you own it for the life of the app. So, if you have fifty devices and 10 PCs anywhere, you can install paid apps and free without charge. As long as the device & PCs use Chrome. Another cool feature can be found on the Google Play Store in the My Apps section. The list includes a history of all apps you ever downloaded and whether installed. It will also list all devices apps are installed on. And when purchasing an app it will give ya a choice of which device to install it on.