Quantcast

TVO Launches On Demand App For Google TV

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by CatfishRivers, Aug 16, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

TVO Launches On Demand App for Google TV | Broadcaster - Canada's Communications Magazine (click for full article)

2012-08-16

"Tomorrow TVO launches TVO On Demand, an Android app for Google TV allowing viewers to watch their favourite programs at their own convenience. Using the free app and a Google TV set top device, viewers can stream TVO programs over the internet directly onto their television. Through its already robust selection of apps and new additions such as TVO On Demand, TVO continues to be a broadcast leader in utilizing new technology to provide engaging content to Ontarians on a variety of platforms.

Also launching tomorrow, the Sony Internet Player with Google TV is the first device of its kind in the Canadian market. As part of its digital transformation, TVO recognized the opportunity to reach viewers on this new platform and designed a user-friendly app available on August 17.

One of the featured apps on Google TV, TVO On Demand highlights in-house productions including The Agenda with Steve Paikin, Big Ideas, and Allan Gregg in Conversation; feature-length documentaries such as Carny, Forgetful Not Forgotten, and Stolen; documentary series like Victorian Farm, Time Team and The Water Brothers; and dramas including Heartbeat, Criminal Justice and Party Animals.

"TVO is pleased to be working with Sony to bring our content to a Canadian audience," said Lisa de Wilde, Chief Executive Officer of TVO. "As part of our aggressive digital strategy, TVO is always looking to leverage new technology and increase our impact by offering our educational programs on a variety of platforms."

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I wonder if this content is regionally restricted to GTV users in Canada?

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

That is the way I read it, Canada only. At least that is the way I read after I quit seeing TVO as TiVo. For the first few seconds I couldn't figure out how in the world TiVo could bring an On Demand app to Google TV.

4. crawlernight11

crawlernight11 New Member

It is a smart move by TVO, launching the On Demand feature on Android apps. Indeed it will give the users the chance to view their favorite programs and that too at their own convenience. Definitely, something like this was needed as people want to watch their programs and movies at their own convenience.