Quantcast

TV/Volume/Input control issues with NSZ-GT1

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by address_unknown, Dec 28, 2011.

1. address_unknown

address_unknown New Member

Just got my Sony NSZ-GT1 and i really like it. I had to go down to Comcast and swap out my old DVR because it didn't have a HDMI port on the back. So today i got the new one and hooked it back up, and i can't seem to get the sony remote to control the TV volume, TV on/off, and Input buttons to work on my TV. My HDTV is a Panasonic TH-42PZ80U 42" Plasma.

It's weird, because when i initially set the box up (before getting the new compatible cable DVR box) and following the first-time setup, i wasn't able to get the volume buttons working during the setup. I ended up just clickng "yes it works" or something to finish the setup. Then, about a hour later into using the new (NSZ-GT1), the volume, input, and power on/off buttons started working. Then, later, stopped working. Every time i try to play with the TV control in System Settings, none of the codes ever work when i select Panasonic as my TV manufacturer, just like they didn't work in the initial first-time setup.

Would appreciate the help greatly.

2. Shink

Shink New Member

Be sure your IR blasters have line of site with the IR receiver on the TV.

3. address_unknown

address_unknown New Member

That isn't the issue, it doesn't work when i'm right up close to the tv and the STB. It seems to be an issue with codes or something.

4. Shink

Shink New Member

It's not a matter of where you are, it's where your IR Blasters are. It's that two pronged thing with the little glass tips - one of the glass tips have to be pointed to your TV.

5. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 New Member

The NSZ-GT1 will control the TV without IR Blasters. The controller has an IR transmitter on the front of it and communicates directly to the TV to control power, volume and input buttons. The IR Blasters are only need with the TV if you want to use functions other than power, volume, input and mute

Because the remote uses IR to the TV, make sure you are pointing the remote at the TV sensor. If you are up close and holding the remote away from the TV, the TV may not pick up the IR signal as it does require line of site.

6. dhcross61

dhcross61 New Member

I had problems like what you are experiencing. I found out that the ir eyes were to close to my amp when attached with the stickers as designed. I moved the eyes out about and inch from the front of the amp and now I have no problems with my remote.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

7. DrewMotz

DrewMotz New Member

Anybody know if we can get an IR blaster like the Review, but for the Sony instead. The IR blaster on the review is a bit different. Its a single unit that can somehow sit next to all of your components, instead of in-front of them. I'm guessing its just a very strong IR source, (as the term "blaster" would imply), and it just bounces of all the surfaces of the room so completely that you can place it practically anywhere. (At least that seemed to be the case in my living room.)

For the Sony, you have to put the IR source(s) right in front of each piece of equipment. It's not strong enough to flood the room like the Review's version.

Where can we get a true IR "BLASTER" like the Review', but it works on the Sony GTV??