Quantcast

TV & Video and other items stopped working for Sony NSZ-GT1

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by gtbc82, Aug 8, 2012.

1. gtbc82

gtbc82 New Member

I noticed on Sunday that when I was watching TV and would search for a channel or program nothing would come up. Then today I noticed that I can't open the Play store app or when I try to click on the TV and Movies app it says there is nothing to display after timing out. Has anyone else had the same issue? Does anyone know what the cause is? I have cable and internet service, so it isn't that.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I suggest first trying a factory reset of your router.

If that doesn't fix the issue - then try a factory reset of your Sony GTV.

3. gtbc82

gtbc82 New Member

I tried the router, no luck. I can use Chrome for the internet, but for some reason the play app, listing and TV/Movies don't work. Really strange.

How do you do a reset of the Sony GTV? I couldn't find it?

4. CatfishRivers

Here's a short video from Sony explaining the procedure:

If the factory reset of your Sony TV doesn't fix the situation - then I suggest (as a troubleshooting measure) to try removing your router from your setup and connect directly to a modem.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  5. gtbc82

gtbc82 New Member

I tried the reset this morning with no luck, actually it got worse. When I was going through the setup process in the part where you identify your local cable provider it said there was no cable provider located for my zip code. I tried surrounding zip codes, but that did not work either. I can get the tv to play, but I have to us the original cable remote now to change channels and look up the guide.

Do you think this is a cable provider problem or that my box went bad?

6. gtbc82

gtbc82 New Member

I got it resolved. I called the cable company and had them do a rest by sending a signal. Now it is all working again. The issues coincided with when they hooked up my next door neighbor's cable. I am guessing they did something then.

7. CatfishRivers

I'm glad it's working for you now. I just wanted to mention that others have had instances where the Chrome browser and web surfing worked fine - however some of the apps (such as the TV & Movie Guide, Google Play store, Netflix) were acting buggy. In many of those cases the situation could be resolved by either factory resetting the router - or if that didn't work then troubleshooting by removing the router and connecting directly to modem by ethernet solved the issue in many cases.

I know that intuitively it doesn't make sense because web surfing works OK - so most people think it's nothing to do with the router.

Well good luck - and hopefully everything will be OK now - but if the problem reappears again I'd try troubleshooting the router (in manner I suggested).

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012