Quantcast

TV Signal Blinks

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by BobbyCR, May 23, 2011.

1. BobbyCR

BobbyCR New Member

Hi,

I have a COMCAST MOTOROLA DVR DCT-6000 series and a Sony Blu Ray Internet Box aka Google TV.

I followed the wizard and manage to enter my entire configuration correctly on the Google TV but the image comes and goes, it blinks on a 3-4 seconds period and has no sound, I updated my box and performed a Factory reset to see if that helps but nothing.

any help?!

Thanks!

2. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    What kind of TV are you using with this setup ?

3. BobbyCR

BobbyCR New Member

Hi!

is a Panasonic 42-inch Plasma display, but the thing is that the Google TV looks fine is only the signal that is blinking.

for example if I'm looking at Live TV and press Home button it shows me the menu with the blinking signal behind.

Regards,

4. lost

lost New Member

5. eyendall

eyendall New Member

I am just experiencing this same problem. No problems before and no changes made by me to my setup. Any ideas for fixing this?

6. zimilak

zimilak New Member

I had the same problem with my Sony google tv and comcast. All I did was unplug the cable box and plugged it back in and tadah!!!! Magic ! The TV no longer blinks on and off. Hope this helps! I know I was frustrated.

7. nipanchal72

nipanchal72 New Member

I am having the same issue with my setup (verizon fios DVR, NSZ-GT1, Samsung UN46C6300) with latest update. I called up sony tech support and addressed this issue. They told me to reset the unit to factory default setting and re configuring the NSZ-GT1 box with TV and DVR box. I performed that exercise and the problem still remains. I have also made sure that I was working with a good HDMI cable. There is an (ECO) energy saving option in setting> DVD player area i believe. Where it talks about Quick Start ON/OFF. I have tried with this option being ON and I get the blinking problem. Therefore now I am going to try setting it to OFF (Quick Start) and see if the problem gets fixed. By turning Quick Start OFF it takes a while for TV channel to display. I hate it but I will try and let you know if it worked or not.

8. futureboy

futureboy New Member

Make sure you do not have any device between the Google TV and the TV e.g. an AV receiver. The other thing to try is set the output of the STB to a fixed resolution.