Quantcast

TV Shows

Discussion in 'Project Free TV' started by CatfishRivers, Apr 25, 2014.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

This thread is for TV shows.

2. CatfishRivers

Several thousand older public domain classic TV shows from the Internet Archive. With my Logitech Revue the TV shows stream good if I choose the Flash option (the HTML5 version doesn't work on my Revue). There are also options to download all of the TV shows. Everything is free:

https://archive.org/details/classic_tv

3. CatfishRivers

4. CatfishRivers

Here is the link for the official YouTube free TV Shows section:

https://www.youtube.com/user/YouTubeShowsUS/videos?shelf_id=3&sort=dd&view=38

It seems like a hodge-podge of stuff so you just kind of have to sort through it to see if you find something that interests you. I also noticed there are some short clips mixed in there (not sure why). I saw quite a few full length animated shows from FUNimation and some National Geographic shows.

5. CatfishRivers

STV Player on YouTube is the home of great Scottish content, featuring everything from Documentaries to Dramas and Entertainment to News.

Scottish Television launched in 1957 and is still going strong today, revisit our great archive content or see the best of the new content we're creating now - right here!

STVPlayer - YouTube

*Note: Once you get to the STVPlayer main channel - you will see they have sub-channels available for News, Scotland, Dramas, Ents & Comedy, People, and Documentaries. There are lots of full episodes of TV shows. To find them more easily go to the STV category channel that interests you - then look at the playlists or look at the videos list and sort them by most popular. Good luck!

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  6. CatfishRivers

Ebru TV is a USA cable TV channel with drama shows, culture & education shows, kids shows, and entertainment shows. Their web site has full length TV shows on demand. From their web site: "Ebru TV takes pride in being the newest cable network that offers a complete television experience that is both wholesome and exhilarating for family viewers of all ages. Launched nationally in 2006, the network broadcasts 24 hours in English to viewers across the United States.

Homepage

7. CatfishRivers

Watch the entire first episode of 'Last Week Tonight with John Oliver' | The Verge (click for full article)

by Kwame Opam - April 28, 2014

John Oliver returned to late night comedy on Sunday with the premiere of Last Week Tonight, his long-awaited news program on HBO. And he was in good form. In the course of his first half hour, the host addressed a week of controversy surrounding America's newly prominent racists and endeavored to make Americans care about the vastly important Indian election, setting himself apart from most American broadcasts in a truly refreshing way. He even took former NSA director Keith Alexander to task for the agency's bulk surveillance program, calling it "The only agency in government that really listens." Check it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  8. CatfishRivers

9. CatfishRivers

Halt and Catch Fire: Season 1 / Episode 01 (Full Episode)

I/O (Sneak Preview)

Originally aired: 06/01/2014

Watch for the next 13 days

Sneak Preview of Premiere Episode. Sundays 10/9c, Series Premiere June 1. The 1980s computing boom through the eyes of a visionary, an engineer and a prodigy as they chart the changing culture in Texas' Silicon Prairie.

Halt And Catch Fire - AMC - Full Episodes

10. CatfishRivers

Some full episodes of classic TV shows. Works good with the Chrome browser on my Logitech Revue:

MeTV Network | Videos

11. CatfishRivers

12. CatfishRivers

RerunCentury is like a time machine for TV fans — Tech News and Analysis (click for full article)

by Janko Roettgers - Sept. 19, 2014

SUMMARY: Want to binge-watch like it’s 1956? RerunCentury makes it possible by curating classic TV shows.

-- This is neat: RerunCentury is curating classic TV shows, including titles like the Lucy Show, the original Dragnet, the Gene Autrey Show and more. Episodes of each show can be streamed straight from the site, without any pre-rolls or video ad breaks.

All of the shows on RerunCentury are in the public domain and hosted by the Internet Archive, where you could also download them to play them on the go — but RerunCentury does a great job at making them a bit more discoverable and adding other context to it: TV fans interested in yesteryear’s programs can use a calendar to see what the TV schedule of a typical Sunday afternoon in 1948, 1979 or any other year of the second half of the 20th century looked like.

Visit the RerunCentury web site: RerunCentury: Free Videos and 20th Century TV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* I tried this with my Logitech Revue and it works good - however I needed to make a one-time adjustment to the settings on the RerunCentury web site. When I first tried to play the videos the circle just kept spinning around and the video never started. So I moved the cursor over the video screen and then clicked the Internet Archive icon (near the top left of video that says: "more formats from Internet Archive"). Then it takes me to the Internet Archive web site where I clicked the link near the bottom of the video that says: "change to Flash format". Then I went back to the RerunCentury web site and all the videos work with my Revue.

Apparently they use a form of HTML5 that isn't compatible with the outdated Chrome 11 browser on GTV Honeycomb devices. But as I mentioned all the videos will work in the Flash format. There's a chance that the videos in HTML5 version will work with GTV Jellybean devices because they have a more modern Chrome 28 browser. However I don't have a GTV Jellybean device to test that.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014