Quantcast

TV not compatible?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by brbheels, Nov 7, 2010.

1. brbheels

brbheels New Member

Hello all- I am trying to connect the Sony box to a Yamaha RXV-3800 and then to a Pioneer Elite PRO 510-HD. The TV doesn't have an HDMI input jack, so I purchased a converter. The converter works perfectly fine when using it to run the cable box to the TV, but when I try to use it for Googlt TV, I get a scrambled signal. I contected tech support and their response was to try it on another TV. The cable box is on their list of boxes that should work - Scientific Atlantic 8300 HD DVR.
    I tried it on a different TV, a new Sony Bravia with a different cable box and it woks fine. I really want to be able to use my Pioneer since it is bigger. In one place of the manual it suggests some TV's might not be compatible because they can't read a copyrighted signal. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I really wish these boxes had more backward compatibility with at least component outputs... Suggestions, thoughts, troubleshooting tips?? I guess I need to swap cable boxes to rule that out..

TIA

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  2. galfert

galfert Active Member

Seems like your older TV even though it has HDMI is not HDCP compliant. To get around this you could purchase an HDFury3 adapter which will convert the HDMI to Component. The HDFury3 will remove the HDCP protection. Not a cheap device but it is the only thing I've found to do the trick. My Receiver and TV were HDCP compliant but I need to convert the HDMI signal to Component so that I could continue to use my Slingbox and now it works incredibly well with no video nor sound delays and quality is perfect 1080.

I got my HDFury3 at Monoprice