Quantcast

TV & Movies App Problem

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by jbish, May 6, 2012.

1. jbish

jbish New Member

I have a problem with my TV & Movies app in that it will not list any offerings under the Live TV option and when I select a movie under the Movies option the application goes into the "downloading" mode and never comes out of that mode and does not render the movie and information pertaining to the selected movie. The Live TV option presents a dialog screen that says it failed to download information and suggests I check my network status. My Sony Blu-Ray Google TV unit is connected to my Cisco 3200 wireless router and the Google system status shows I am connected. All other applications within the Google TV unit work flawlessly over the wireless connection, Netflix, Chrome Browser, YouTube, etc. I've looked all over this forum and have run searches on Google to see if anyone else has already experienced the same problem, but I've found nothing. I do have my unit connected to my Gmail account.

I did have a problem where I could not download any updates for several of my apps. I had to "uninstall" updates on my Google Play in order to get the download system to work correctly. After the uninstall to Google Play I was able to update numerous apps including TV & Movies. By the way, this same problem existed with the TV & Movies app prior to the downloading the update. Downloading the latest version of the TV & Movies app did not result in any change to the problem I've described. The problem remained exactly the same. This problem is isolated to the TV & Movies app.

Any suggestions?

2. jbish

jbish New Member

I wanted to come back on here and say that I did resolve this problem. I caught something somewhere that suggested the Cable/Satellite provider information might need to be re-established with the system setting in the Google TV unit. Well, I did exactly that, went back through settings for my Cable Provider (which happens to be TWC). After I completed that process the TV & Movies App worked correctly in every regard. By the way, not sure if this had any effect, but I had two Cable Providers entered in the Google TV system, one for my home on Ohio and another for my place in Florida. I deleted the Florida information while I was re-setting the Ohio Cable Provider information. Just thought I would add that bit of info.