Quantcast

TV & Movies App not working.

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by pandaholic, Nov 20, 2011.

1. pandaholic

pandaholic New Member

My TV & Movies app is no longer working but only the Live TV part. The Shows and Movies section are fine. I've got internet connection. I'm on a college campus and I have a 24in Google TV. It is hardwired to the network as well as campus cable through TimeWarner. The campus recently has changed its channel mapping from the 100-200s scheme to the 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and so forth. I've read somewhere that this is a problem with the app trying to pick up signals for 1.0 and 2.0 which don't exist. I figured this wasn't too rare of an issue but I so far haven't been able to find a fix for it. Does anyone else have this problem or a fix for it?

This app did work before the channel switch. Also are people having problem with the Rovi guide? I'm getting maybe 1 or 2 channels that show up but nothing else, this could also be rooted from the same problem as above.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Since your service provider changed your service/lineup, have you changed the GTV Settings > TV Source > Edit Configured Device > Edit Channel Lineup so that the respective Provider ID matches appropriately to the channels you're getting? You can always check the Provider ID against AolTV's listing to make sure the channels and programs match appropriately. For example, my Provider ID is "TX42500.X" and this matches exactly with AOLTV's tvlistings.aol.com/listings/tx/austin/time-warner-cable/TX42500|X

I believe the Rovi guide also uses the Provider ID information to identify appropriate programming guide. However, I believe that the TV & Movies app and the Rovi Guide are asynchronous services.

3. pandaholic

pandaholic New Member

Yeah they match: OH61161
    On the AolTV site the channels are listed without the sub channels which I think is the problem cause its not picking up the channels on the app.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Okay, so... since i.TV provides the channel listing to both Google TV and AolTV, then I would recommend sending them feedback on their about the app on their site: Support | i.TV Make sure you give them a full description of the problem, and hopefully once they have that resolve on their main site, the information will soon trickle down to AolTV and GoogleTV.

5. pandaholic

pandaholic New Member

I will do that. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help. I hope it works out for you.