Quantcast

tv & movies app channel listing

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by caines, Aug 7, 2012.

1. caines

caines New Member

i have the new sony google tv NSZGS7, it was one of the 500 pre-released at google i/o. i am in toronto canada. the box has never showed my cable channel listings in the tv and apps section, and now that the actual device has been unofficially released in canada, i am still unable to see the channel listings on it. is there something special i have to do to get the channel listings to show or is just picking my cable provider and box all that is necessary? any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. chopper

chopper Active Member

Well I hope that on Aug 13th Canadians and other non- USA users are able to change the country selection on all GTV devices. The hope is that this will allow us to enter our postal code into the location section to enable the channel listings for your cable provider and location.

Done by selecting All Apps, Settings, Date, Time ans Location
    All Apps, Settings, TV Source

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  3. caines

caines New Member

Even when I selected Rogers as my tv source I was still unable to see channels

4. caines

caines New Member

I went to the Sony store in YorkdAle today and they are selling the device. I also tested it out and realized the canadian box is missing the location setting and is also missing the tv and movies app on the box. So I think we might be out of luck and not get this feature in Canada. I also looked over Sony CANADA site and realized there is no mention of this feature either or app.

5. chopper

chopper Active Member

If this is the case then one way to get this working would be to use an older box and a USA satelite provider if that is possible. I for one will see what happens post Aug. 13th to see where things are then. Also it may be possible to side load the TV and Movies App onto a new box in Canada too.

6. caines

caines New Member

The box you currently have is it the American release box that comes with the $45 credit or the Canadian or uk release box? If so does your s have the tv and movies app

7. chopper

chopper Active Member

I have the original revue bought it on ebay used.

8. Dave

Dave New Member

What's supposed to happen on Aug 13th?

9. tehuti

tehuti New Member

I'm in the US, have a retail version of the device, and I also can not access cable TV listings from the search app. Had no problem with the Logitech Revue. The location is accurately set in the settings and I'm able to access/use the cable box/dvr functions with no issues. Very frustrating as this goes to the heart of Google TV functionality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

10. chopper

chopper Active Member

Check out Canada TV in the Apps store. It clearly demonstrates that one is able to get TV listings working on GTV in Canada. Now if someone in a post root environment can make this App work with a side loaded TV and Movies App then we are all set. IMHO it will happen eventually if Google/Sony don't support this feature 1st.

Aug 13th was launch day in Canada so I was thinking that would be a potential day for the TV and Movies App to appear and start working. Unfortunately, this was not to be.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  11. hemi

hemi New Member

I got my Sony NSZGS7 on the 13th. It won't search Bell TV which is a major disappointment. I have a model 9241 receiver. I'm going to call Sony tomorrow and hopefully get more info. It doesn't seem to search Netfix? How does it work?

12. caines

caines New Member

I honestly recommend anyone with the canadian version to flash it to the American version in order to experience the true google tv. Or for the time just side load the tv and movies app so it will search Netflix and YouTube movies for you.