Quantcast

TV & Movie App watching Youtube Purchased Movies

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by selex, Aug 1, 2012.

1. selex

selex New Member

Up until recently (about 2 weeks ago) I could watch Google Movies (Youtube Movies) in Youtube for Google TV under My Youtube->My Rentals, but now I am receiving a connection error. I have contacted Google directly about this but they claim this feature does not work even though I have pictures of it working, and it says it works in Google's own documentation of the App.

The new TV & Movies app says its supports Youtube movies, but I can't find where. When I select a movie that I know I bought it only allows me to go to Amazon or Netflix. Does anyone know how to watch Youtube Movies (Google Movies) on my Google TV?

I'm on a Sony NSZ-GT1, and could use some help because Google is ignoring me and really pissing me off now.

Selex

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Yes YouTube rentals were supposed to be supported with the 2.1.1 update:

Google TV update touts Google Play and YouTube movie rentals, distinct lack of popcorn - Engadget

Unfortunately this is something that I cannot personally test with my Revue - as my Revue box is stuck on the 3.1 update. There is supposed to be another update coming by the end of summer that will allow movie/TV show purchases from Google Play to work with Google TV. But that is really something different from your situation... Unless maybe Google ran into some issues (perhaps DRM related with content providers?) and has removed that functionality from the YouTube app.

I suggest trying these steps:

1) factory reset your router

2) go to settings and clear all data from your YouTube app.

3) If it still doesn't work than try doing a full factory reset of your GTV device.

3. topfilmi

topfilmi New Member

I will suggest you to don't waste your money to watch google movies just search full youtube movies on youtube.com. now you can find more latest full movies HD print online on youtube and watch it free. This is avery good to know about this news, users can view and enjoy it a lot. first i want that you have to give also a improve demo of this. all things are wright and thats given for intelegently and correct. If we will take a look then we can solve it and make it more usable for others for youtubebob.com

4. chopper

chopper Active Member