Quantcast

TV & Movie app doesn't include rentals from AM or YouTube?

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by whitenack, Dec 29, 2011.

1. whitenack

whitenack New Member

I am new to GTV, sorry if this is old news (I searched)...

I like the TV & Movies app. I really like seeing the available movies to rent or free, and from which provider I have accounts with. I have my Amazon and Netflix accounts linked to the app, but I don't see my Youtube options. I have heard other people having to go out to Youtube.com or the Android Market in Chrome to be able to view those rental options. Is this the only way? It seems crazy that Google would not include access for their own rentals on an app they created for a product they created.

The description for the app in the Android Market describes, "Includes movies and shows from Netflix, YouTube, and many Internet sites".

Maybe I am just missing something?

• Like Like x 2
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Nope, I don't believe the movie section of YouTube has completely integrated with Google TV yet. The help section of YouTube indicates the following.

So, it seems Google needs to address quite a bit more for full compatibility of the services featured from YouTube.

• Like Like x 2
  3. gfunk01

gfunk01 New Member

YouTube movies were integrated in the TV & Movies app until mid-December when we had some changes on how the videos were streamed from YouTube that caused problems on GTV. We should have a solution shortly, at which point we'll add back YouTube movie indexing within the app.

Greg, from Google TV team (really)

• Like Like x 2