Quantcast

[TUTO] Stream live TV, webcam, video and more on GTV

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by BigBizoo, Feb 1, 2013.

1. BigBizoo

BigBizoo New Member

Hello I have found a software that permit to stream all your PC media stream on your Android devices (GTV too).

First :
    You have to install VODOBOX Android Server software on your Windows computer sorry Linux and Mac friends. ^^
    To download it you have to contribuate to the project : go on this page VODOBOX - Votre solution de streaming enter 5€ or keep the default value.

You'll receive an email that ask you if you want to help us to try the software. Just answer yes at this email : "Oui je veux essayer votre logiciel VODOBOX Android Server avec ma google TV. Merci."

You will receive a Download link to install VODOBOX Android Server, and a licence key.

Prefer to download installer (.exe) and not archive file (.zip)

Install VODOBOX Android Server on you computer :

Start application and accept licence terms and enter you licence key
    [​IMG]

Configure VODOBOX Android Server :

[​IMG]

[1] Select a video source:
    - Video source in the section, select the Demo,
    - Click the Load button to load the video stream demonstration software VODOBOX Android Server.

PS / then you can select the other tabs to change video source (if you have Windows on your computer). When the button Settings ... is offered, use it to import the video stream in the Android software VODOBOX Server.

[2] Set the broadcast quality:
    - The drop down list under the heading Broadcast quality Streaming engine, select broadcast quality video Low - ADSL
    - Fast transcode check the option to spread the load of the encoding process on all your hearts logic microprocessor (recommended for less powerful hardware).

PS / then you try one by one the other qualities of streaming video to determine if your network connection and your hardware you can use.

[3] Configure network:
    - In the dropdown Internal IP address of the Network parameters section, select the network interface on which you spread your video stream,
    - In Web server port field, enter the TCP port through which you want to access the Web Player (default: 80).

PS / if you do not know which network interface from the dropdown list select Internal IP address, click the Auto button set.

[4] Test the server configuration locally:
    - Click Start streaming server software VODOBOX Apps Server
    - In the Network window diagnostics, make sure that the first two HTTP connection and Internet Local Network Access each have a green shield,
    - Click the Test Web Player to connect to the client interface of your streaming server,
    - The message VODOBOX Android Server is ready! indicates that your server software installation is operational.

[​IMG]

PS / to solve network configuration problems detected by the software VODOBOX Android Server, you can click the arrow to the right of the panel in error (red shield in the Network Diagnostics window) and consult the online help by clicking the Custom Info link ....

Allow remote connection if your GTV is not local :

[​IMG]
    [5] Set the access rights of the Web Player:
    - In the section Web Player tick the manager shared over Internet Web Player for the Web Player is accessible from a broadband Internet connection,
    - Tick the Secure Access player and enter a password in the Access Key field to protect access to Web Player.

[6] Enable UPnP IGD router on the Internet:
    Log in to the administration interface of your Internet box and follow the activation of UPnP IGD appropriate:
    - For the case Freebox v5: LE HOUNFOR DE LA VODOBOX (Forum des utilisateurs) / Comment activer l'UPnP IGD sur le boitier Freebox v5 ?
    - For the case Freebox v6: LE HOUNFOR DE LA VODOBOX (Forum des utilisateurs) / Comment activer l'UPnP IGD sur le boitier Freebox Server v6 ?
    - For the case Livebox: LE HOUNFOR DE LA VODOBOX (Forum des utilisateurs) / Comment activer l'UPnP IGD sur le boitier Livebox ?
    - The case for SFR / Neufbox: LE HOUNFOR DE LA VODOBOX (Forum des utilisateurs) / Comment activer l'UPnP IGD sur le boitier Neufbox ?

PS / if you do not use the Box of your Internet Service Provider, check the installation and configuration of your Internet router.

[7] Test the configuration of the remote server:
    - Click Start streaming server software VODOBOX Apps Server
    - In the Network window diagnostics, make sure that the third installment External Network Access has a green shield,
    - On your Android mobile device from a remote connection, use the Android application My VODOBOX Server to connect to the
    Web Player: LE HOUNFOR DE LA VODOBOX (Forum des utilisateurs) / TUTORIEL My VODOBOX Android Server sur Android

http://forum.vodobox.com/img/upload/VodoboxFlashServerExternalDiag.jpg

PS / to solve network configuration problems detected by the software VODOBOX Android Server, you can click the arrow to the right of the panel in error (red shield in the Network Diagnostics window) and consult the online help by clicking the Custom Info link ....

Install My VODOBOX Android Server from Goole Play
    Nothing special juste search 'My VODOBOX Android Server' on market.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=my.vodobox.android&hl=fr

If your GTV is Intel processor you have to use an external player as GTVBox Video Player.

Here the result with a very good video quality. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  2. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

Thanks for the guide. How is this different from Plex Server (which is free)?

3. BigBizoo

BigBizoo New Member

Hi MrSpock,

Plex is a very nice project... But in fact it's not done for a remote access (remote network) like VODOBOX.
    It's work but client HMI is too heavy in low WiFi and in this case, loading take a time.

And the biggest difference is :
    - VODOBOX => Live TV stream (DVB-T, DVB-S, Dreambox, webcam...), recorded stream and movies.
    - Plex => Movies or recorded stream

Two exemple of remote access :
    - Last week I have install VODOBOX to my sister in Spain + GTVBox stick (and accessory USB to RJ45).
    And I give her access to my VODOBOX sever in France.
    Now she can watch French TV in Spain as she was in France. :)

- I have also use my GTVBox and VODOBOX in my Father house to watch Football because he didn't have Football channel (I have it at home).

It is practical and work also on Android tablet/mobile ! I'll use it when I'll be in holidays... To follow some events or movies.

have a good day !

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  4. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

Sounds great BigBizoo, thanks for the info.

5. guest

guest Active Member

This technology is similar to VOIP telephone adapters, Amazon.com: OBi110 Voice Service Bridge and VoIP Telephone Adapter: Electronics where you have one device in Germany and one device in Sri Lanka, and can contact the device in Germany while you are in Sri Lanka to make local phone calls in Germany.

Sounds like this VodoBox has potential for use with Google TV for viewing programming in other countries without VPN or DNS workarounds.

6. BigBizoo

BigBizoo New Member

VODOBOX Android Server with Full HD quality is comming soon. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. jschall

jschall Member

I sent 10 Euros ($13 CAD) via PayPal and I have not received any e-mail link yet. It's late at night in France - do I have to wait 'til morning in Canada?

Update: I got an email a couple of hours later, which I answered, then after another hour or two I received an email with the link and some keys and codes.

These guys are very automated, and very pprotective of their baby.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  8. jschall

jschall Member

9. BigBizoo

BigBizoo New Member

My totorial is done for My VODOBOX Android Servernot for My VODOBOX Web TV(live).
    With My VODOBOX Android Server you can watch more channel in a better quality.

10. BigBizoo

BigBizoo New Member

A new version of VODOBOX is coming out !

It's now fully compatible with Chromecast devices, so you can stream all your multimedia from your computer to this beautifull HDMI key !
    You can watch on it all your movies, DivX, live TV, webcam, Dreambox satellite TV... when you are at home or not.

Work also with AppleTV.

Watch DVD on AppleTV with an android smartphone as remote controle.