Quantcast

TuneIn Radio

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by generalrookie, Feb 20, 2012.

1. generalrookie

generalrookie New Member

I searched the forums and I am surprised that I didn't find any threads discussing TuneIn Radio on Google TV. While there is no stand alone app for TuneIn, the TuneIn website is optimized perfectly for Google TV Chrome. The interface shows up on your screen exactly as an app would. Go to TuneIn.com to listen to all your favorite LOCAL stations as well as all other radio, podcasts, etc that TuneIn traditionally has.

The only downside to the web version is that you can't minimize Chrome to play the radio in the background. For me, i'd rather have a browser based TuneIn Radio that works than nothing at all. Hopefully they'll come up with an app that replicates the website design but allows for running in the background like Pandora. Here's a pic of the website on my Sony Google TV through Chrome.

$CameraZOOM-20120220190300471.jpg

Tips:

1. For the standard Google TV launcher, you can add a web browser link to your main dock.
    2. For LauncherPro, etc., you can add a web browser link anywhere on your home screen(s) and main dock.
    3. Able Remote users can add a direct link as a button on your phone app.

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member