Quantcast

Trouble with adding cable box NSX-32GT1

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by slyder0244, Dec 15, 2011.

1. slyder0244

slyder0244 New Member

I just got the 32" Sony Google Tv NSX-32GT1. When I set it up I chose no cable box, because I wanted to see what channels I could get through the internal antenna. Now I'd like to set it up with the cable box. I've just got a digital converter box, not a full blown cable box with HD. Problem is I can't seem to rerun that tv wizard, and choose that I have a cable box. Anyone know how I can rerun that wizard, or make it recognize and control this DTV box from Comcast.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You'll need to exchange the digital converter box because Sony does not support a mechanism to control a third-party box when using the Coax input. They assume that you'll be using the built-in tuner when using the RF input. This means you'll need to rely on the OEM remote to change channels. You can however reduce the channels by going re-running the setup wizard by using the GTV Settings > Video Input > Built-in tuner settings > Channels > Auto-program. This will reduce the channels to the one you'll need to tune in for the tuner to work.

If you do get a cable box with an alternate output then you can configure it by going to GTV Settings > Video Input > Configured devices > Add device manually. This will go through the setup wizard for adding a cable box through the any of the inputs; HDMI, Component, or Composite.

• Like Like x 2
  3. slyder0244

slyder0244 New Member

Thanks, I had hoped I could run the digital converter box and also get the free over the air channels. It's not looking very likely though. Also do you know if I can control my blu ray player with the tv remote through the IR blaster, and how would I set that up? There doesn't seem to be a manual with this thing.

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

If you have any set-top box with HDMI, Component, or Composite outputs then you can configure it by going to GTV Settings > Video Input > Configured devices > Add device manually. This will go through the setup wizard for configuring the IR commands for certain devices. However, Sony has limited compatibility for IR devices and it is possible that it cannot control your device. If it can't the best you can do is call up Sony Technical Support and demand that the IR codes is address. Hopefully, it will available in a future patch.

A paper manual would practically be useless, since the interface can change drastically between updates. Check the online manual at Sony eSupport - NSZ-GT1