Quantcast

Trouble streaming HD content from phone to Sony NSZ-GS7

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by Canadian_Revolver, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Canadian_Revolver

Canadian_Revolver New Member

I’ve had a Sony NSZ-GS7 for about a year now. When I first got the device it I would stream with BubbleUpnp using my Nexus 4. It used to stream HD and SD no problem, but at some point in the last few months HD videos became unwatchable (constantly lagging/choppy). Since then I’ve done a factory reset on the Sony and on my Nexus 4 and this still hasn’t helped.

I’m wondering what my next step should be? A factory reset on my router? I’ve tried streaming with Twonky Beam as well and have similar results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Router or home network issue of some kind may be the problem so that is probably a good next step. Have you installed any new apps on the GS7? Something running in the background using resources might be a cause. I close all unneeded running apps before streaming HD content with Google TV, cluttered RAM brings the box to its knees. I use an app called Memory Booster, free from the Play Store, to close apps before streaming.

I am assuming that the phone itself isn't really doing the streaming, only sending commands to the GS7 to start streaming from whatever HD source being used. Is it files on a network computer, online source or other? I don't use Twonky Beam or BubbleUpNp, not sure how you get your content using those but I assume it is through a client/server relationship.

Good luck with the frustrating problem, I do hope you get it solved.

3. Canadian_Revolver

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to reset the router next chance I get. I haven't installed any apps to the Google TV box since the reset but I'll download the memory booster to see if that helps.

I actually download the videos to my phone and stream it via a DLNA app.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

OK, well then the phone is actually playing the video. Does the phone have HDMI out, can you connect directly to the HDTV by HDMI just to see if it plays OK that way?

5. Canadian_Revolver

No it doesn't have HDMI out. I'm going to get my wife to try streaming HD content with her Nexus 5 to see if that will work. If that works then I guess it must be my phone.

I'll update after trying this tonight.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014