Quantcast

Trouble connecting to internet: sticks on "obtaining address" screen

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by kaspartastic, Apr 3, 2011.

1. kaspartastic

kaspartastic New Member

I am trying to set up my Google Tv, and when I try to connect to the internet, it gets stuck on the "obtaining address" screen. I've tried a soft re-boot and I don't know how to make it connect. Please help!

2. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

Are you trying wireless or ethernet?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3. kaspartastic

kaspartastic New Member

Wireless

4. harley man

harley man New Member

do a hard reboot on the wifi and gtv

5. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

It sounds like the OP is doing the initial install and there it no way to do that.

Can you hook it up with Ethernet to get through the setup process?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

6. Pitufo

Pitufo New Member

I am also having this problem. My mother's retirement home offers free wifi connectivity and I was successful in connecting her new mac mini without any issues. When I tried to setup the Google TV box, I chose to connect with "wireless". I then entered the WEP key and it, apparently connected because it then started a 15 minute download of new software. I don't know what happened next because I walked out of the room to do something else. When I came back the screen was stuck on "Obtaining address...". I have not been able to get past that since. I've tried unplugging the Google TV box and letting it set for a while before retrying. I've tried shutting down the mac mini and airport express to make sure they weren't interfering. Same thing.

I do not have ethernet access to the internet except through the Mac Mini, which I have not yet tried. And I have not been allowed to reboot the facility's wireless internet. Any ideas on where to go from here. I will try the ethernet connection to the mac mini today but after that, I am out of ideas.

7. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I use ethernet with my Logitech Revue and I never had a problem. Thus I'm not able to specifically comment on your wireless situation - however I suggest that you phone Logitech Revue support or post on their forum - and a Logitech rep will probably be able to help you. Here is a link to their forum in case you haven't posted there yet: Revue - Logitech Forums

8. Pitufo

Pitufo New Member

I tried this same set up the following day and it just worked. I don't have an explanation as I didn't do anything different. Perhaps the facilities wireless router was reset sometime in the middle of the night.