Quantcast

Tronsmart Draco AW80 TV Box Has Octa-Core CPU, Up To 4GB RAM

Discussion in 'Android TV' started by CatfishRivers, Oct 31, 2014.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Tronsmart Draco AW80 TV box has octa-core CPU up to 4GB RAM - Liliputing (click for full article)

10/31/2014 at 5:00 PM by Brad Linder

-- Google’s $99 Nexus Player is now available for purchase and it should ship in early November. I’m just starting to test the TV box and while I really like the new Android TV user interface, until more third-party developers adapt their apps to the platform, there’s a relatively small number of things you can actually do with a Nexus Player.

But over the past few years hundreds of TV boxes running Android software have come out of China. Most use the same version of Android that runs on a smartphone or tablet. While that means some apps can be hard to use with a remote control, at least it means there are thousands of apps that you can try.

China’s Tronsmart is responsible for a decent number of those TV boxes… and now the company has released one of the first models with an 8-core Allwinner A80 Octa processor. It’s also one of the first I’ve seen that supports up to 4GB of RAM.

Read more at: Tronsmart Draco AW80 TV box has octa-core CPU up to 4GB RAM - Liliputing

2. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

I'm interest to see how well Tronsmart and Keedox do with ATV..both of them are very impressive :)

Mine should be here any day..even tomorrow

3. CatfishRivers

Those boxes don't run the official Google Android TV platform. They run Android KitKat designed for tablets and phones. Some have custom app launchers designed to take an operating system made for phones and tablets and make it easier to use on a television. But underneath, they’re all limited by the fact that they’re running software designed for touchscreens on a device that doesn’t have a touchscreen.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  4. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

just got it this afternoon..the speed and the browser are out of this world!

5. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

Chris,you should see this MBOX Keedox MXVIII!! I don't know why they didnt do this sooner!!
    its like a computer in a computer inside a computer..btw I have the M8,Amlogic A9..
    I can't think of anything it doesnt do yet..besides make the best,do the dishes,clean the house lol

6. CatfishRivers