Quantcast

Trongle S1 5G Connectivity Issues

Discussion in 'Android TV' started by androidHowe, Mar 14, 2017.

1. androidHowe

androidHowe New Member

I recently purchased the Trongle S1 Android TV box and have been using for over 1 month. Yesterday, I upgraded my Internet services and haven't been able to add the Trongle to my 5G Network.

When it scans for available networks, it doesn't list my 5G network or any other 5G networks in my condo complex.

Other, than changing the channel size or channel # in the 5G are their any other settings I can look at. Is there any files on the Trongle box that I could edit to help resolve?

thanks for any advice as I continue to work away at resolving. My 2.4GHZ and 5G networks have completely different SSID broadcast names and other devices can connect to the 5G network just fine.

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Member

Are you sure the S1 supports 5G? The specs just states WIFI and does not indicate 5G support.

3. androidHowe

androidHowe New Member

No, I'm not sure if it supports 5G. I noticed as you did that only WIFI was listed. Was hoping to find someone else with a similar box and see their experience with it. I found it odd that my older Apple TV boxes had 5G capabilities but the Trongle didn't seem to. Which would make sense, as it doesn't see any 5G networks in my condo complex, when i know there are several broadcasting their SSIDs.

4. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Member

I tend to think it's not supported..