Quantcast

Trigger an event to automatically show an URL / JPG as PiP

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by kallegr, Oct 14, 2012.

1. kallegr

kallegr New Member

Hey, i´m new here. don´t know how to describe my problem. ;)

i´ve got a logitech revue device and i would like to show a webcam picture on my tv.
    thats not the problem - there are ip cam viewers for google tv.

but i would like to show the picture on my google tv, if there is any action in the picture. i´ve got motion sensor and so on. the only problem is: how do i trigger google tv to show this picture?

it would be great if there is an app/service which shows the picture (it would be great as a small "picture-in-picture".)

any ideas? thanks, kind regards Holger

2. mpovolo

mpovolo New Member

What I did is used tasker to operate a trigger to bring up y home page. My home page has a widget to my camera live feed.

3. kallegr

kallegr New Member

Thanks, i will try tasker to automate it.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 2

4. chopper

chopper Active Member

Cool idea, I think there are web cams that snap pics when movement is detected? There should be an App that notifies you when movement is detected and then you could just press a button to bring up the pic on your GTV!

PLease add this to the what app would you like to see a dev make on GTV ideas!

5. kallegr

kallegr New Member

OK, i'll do that later! :)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 2

6. kallegr

kallegr New Member

where can i post/describe the idea? i haven´t found the right place..

thanks, holger

7. Tye

Tye Member

+1 for Tasker. I've used it for a number of things on my GTV. It works great.

8. halox

halox New Member

Just curious on "a number of things." I'm still trying to figure out what to do with Tasker on GTV.

9. Tye

Tye Member

Hi Halox,
    I remember you asked me this a long time ago but I returned the Revue that I was using at the time. After hearing that 3.2 was coming out I scored a new one for $25 and have been quite happy with it.

Here are a few of my Tasker tasks (not all 100% complete but I've done enough experimenting to confirm that they're viable):
    1. A clock that appears in the lower-right part of the screen 30 minutes before I have to leave for work with a speech-to-text feature that warns me in intervals when it's time to head out. (Complete)
    2. This is not practical but it scores big spouse points: A overlay that looks like an advertisement (that is obviously from me) that only pops up when my wife is using watching her shows. "Free kisses, must call NOW." etc, etc. Your mileage may vary. (Complete)
    3. I am working on a weather map program that pops up a radar image overlay when severe storms are near. I already wrote a similar script for my phone, so I'm modding that for the GTV. (>50% Complete)
    4. Another user on here was asking about monitoring the bittorrent weekly sites and having the GTV download new torrents when it finds them. Ironically, I don't even use torrents but it sounded like a fun project. (<50% done, having trouble with some regex items in Tasker).
    5. I do use Navi-X a lot. It downloads all of its files into one big folder and you can't rename them. So I wrote a task that I can call whenever I want that moves everything from the Navi-X directory to my "Movies" directory. During the move you can also rename them. This is really useful because Navi-X just uses the default download name which is often filled with a lot of fluff. From there I can open the MovieBrowser app (highly recommended app) to have it start indexing movies. (Complete)

If anyone has more ideas I'd love hear them.
    Sorry to hijack your thread, kallegr. Maybe it will entice you try Tasker...

• Like Like x 4
  10. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

Tye, that is very interesting and clever. May be you could create a Youtube video with demo of each task, that would be very helpful and maybe share your scripts. , I didn't even know it was possible, thanks for the information.

11. Tye

Tye Member

I created a new thread for Tasker scripts and ideas here. I've never shared any of my tasks so maybe later tonight after I have some time to look into how it's done I'll post one and see if others are able to use it.

• Like Like x 2