Quantcast

Track Marble mouse for Revue ??

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by dlflannery, Sep 22, 2011.

1. dlflannery

dlflannery New Member

I've been happily using a Logitech Trackman Marble (USB) with my laptop for years, resting on the armchair of my recliner. Is there any type of trackball mouse (i.e., where the mouse itself remains stationary and only the track ball has to rotate to move the pointer) that will work with the Logitech Revue?

I know the Revue box includes their "Unity" ("Unify" ?) wireless sensor but I don't see any Logitech track balls that will connect that way. I read in another post here that some wireless mice will work, although only partially, if the transmitter/receiver is plugged into a USB port on the Revue box but "partially" doesn't cut it, and frequently the range of wireless mice isn't enough either (need 8 to 10 feet).

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

As long as the device supports generic USB HID output for mice or keyboards then you can use as an input device for the Logitech Revue. I have used a very, very old Logitech Cordless Freedom Optical combo which I believe uses a proprietary 800Mhz RF protocol and that works because of the USB transceiver. Also, I've been playing with a Tivo Slide which uses a USB bluetooth transceiver but since it uses generic HID keyscan output it works. (Albeit not all the keys work but that has to do with the assigned keycodes or lack there of the remote).

I just checked Logitech's website, and apparently the Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 is a Unify Device so you don't need an USB dongle and can pair it directly with the internal Unify receiver of the Logitech Revue. The one caveat you should understand is that the Android Operating which Google TV is based on only supports mouse pointer tracking, left-click, and scroll wheel. There are no provisions to support the middle and right click buttons or any other superfluous windows related features.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  3. krisguy

krisguy New Member

I have the M570 and I love it on my laptop. When you put it on a 10 foot display, not so much. If the web app is designed for TVs, standard D-pad should be all you need.

Sent from my MOTO ATRIX 4G using Tapatalk.

4. ulises1954

ulises1954 Member

I already tried four Logitech Unify-Type Mouses, and all are working without problems