Quantcast

Track ID App

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by XYinSD, Nov 4, 2011.

1. XYinSD

XYinSD New Member

Anyone mess around with the Track ID app yet? I played around with it a bit but am not entirely sure how to use it. I loaded up Rhapsody, ran the track ID app, and it was able to find what song it was by connecting to Gracenote. I was hoping it would autoload every time I played music in the media player and find the song ID and album artwork for me but that is not the case.

2. Kleinerast

Kleinerast New Member

I did, great idea, but doesn't work for me since I have the tv connected to a sound system through the optical output. Unless I'm doing something wrong, the sound must be coming from the tv for it to work.

But I really like the idea. When there's a song in a movie and you want to know the song's name, you just open the app while the song is playing and it will give you a name. Kinda like Shazam.

• Like Like x 2
  3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I tried it for the first time through the Sony's Media Remote app for the iOS and Android. It's quite interesting, I was watching Tangled and it got the songs right each time.

4. XYinSD

XYinSD New Member

How would you keep this on and visible on the google TV? Is there a shortcut key on the remote? Or maybe you can add it as a widget? Guess I'll try more options when I get home. Thanks.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The Media Remote app has a section within it which acts like a client for the Track ID app on Google TV. So, you can see the results on your Tablet or Phone without disrupting your viewing experience. Another unique feature to the app is the ability to push and pull website URL.

This lead me to figure out that the update also enabled the compatibility of DLNA "Play To" which allows you to push content to your Google TV device similar to AirPlay for Apple TV. I tested this with Twonky Browser Beam and Media Connect apps on my iPad.