Quantcast

Top 10 Android Market Alternative App Stores

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by CatfishRivers, Aug 7, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

You can use some of the alternative android market stores mentioned in this article to download a large variety of android apps directly to GTV (no sideloading required). Not all of the apps will function properly with GTV - so just like before there will be some trial & error involved:

10 Top Android Market Alternative App Stores

From the article:

"Choices!

This hub features ten Android app store alternatives to the Android Market that run the whole process of serving the apps and recruiting the developers themselves. Some "app stores" are really just alternative browsers for the Android Market, but these six app stores are truly their own gig.

As their own gig, the app stores provide their own web interface or client app to browse and download the apps from their servers. If you purchase an app, you will pay them money directly and not use Google Checkout like with the Android Market.

All of these app stores encourage developers to choose them to publish their apps with and cater to all kinds from web app type site shortcut apps to full, retail apps.

This is not an exhaustive list of alternative app stores. I included only app stores that did business primarily in English and had fully functional web app interfaces or client based user experiences. There are many more app stores out there, especially if we look at ones designed to serve China and other Asian locals.

Lets get to discovering!"

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  2. crawlernight11

crawlernight11 New Member

Thanks for sharing this. There are a lot of app stores alternative to Google Play. I have used a few from this list to download apps for my mobile devices. I never know Opera mobile store and Getjar have apps for Android and Google TV. Does it need rooting or any other permission to download app from these sites? I have to check it and see which are all working.