Quantcast

TiVo To Transform Pay-TV Industry As Microsoft And Google Did To PCs And Web

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Sep 22, 2014.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

TiVo To Transform Pay-TV Industry As Microsoft And Google Did To PCs And Web - TiVo Inc. (NASDAQ:TIVO) | Seeking Alpha (click for full article)

by Brandon Ferro
    Long/short equity, hedge fund analyst

TiVo To Transform Pay-TV Industry As Microsoft And Google Did To PCs And Web

Sep. 22, 2014 6:01 AM ET | About: TiVo Inc. (TIVO), Includes: NLSN

Summary:

Historically, the pay-TV industry has been impervious to innovation. However, convergence of innovation from other areas into our TVs is changing this dynamic.

This convergence is creating complexity in the TV-ecosystem. Both increasingly necessitate a standardized operating system or user interface for the TV.

TIVO is the globe's only true, independent supplier of such a solution and stands to benefit most from this trend.

TIVO shares deserve a much higher P/S multiple considering the company's profitability and growth potential. Shares could be worth as much as $25 on current fundamentals.

Longer term, TIVO represents a decade+ investment opportunity likely to return many multiples of any investment made in it today.

See more at: TiVo To Transform Pay-TV Industry As Microsoft And Google Did To PCs And Web - TiVo Inc. (NASDAQ:TIVO) | Seeking Alpha

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Ha, well I don't know about that and won't invest much if anything in TiVo stock. I do think TiVo will survive and possibly become profitable but this market segment doesn't offer much in the way of profits according to my crystal ball.